Unable to add a computer in a domian

vinayak_raikhelkar

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Hi there..

i have configured a my desktop as a domain controller with server 2008..with dns service running on it.

when i tried adding another desktop to this domain, i get the following error message

"Troubleshooting network identificationError: This computer successfully resolved the Domain Name System (DNS) service (SRV) resource record required to locate a domain controller, but it failed to locate a domain controller for the Active Directory domain displayed in the error message.

Cause: The required A (address) resource records that map the name of the domain controller to its IP address do not exist in DNS.

Solution: Verify that the required A resource records do not exist in DNS by using the Nslookup command-line tool.

See also: To verify that A resource records exist in DNS.

Cause: The domain controller advertised in DNS may not be connected to the network or is connected to the network but is not running.

Solution: Verify connectivity and then verify that the domain controller is running.

See also: To test a TCP/IP configuration by using the ping command; DNS requirements for joining an Active Directory domain."

looking forward to get reply on this

regards
Vinayak
India
r.vinayak2002@gmail.com