Sign in with
Your question

computer sudden shut down

Last response: in Components
July 29, 2012 8:37:29 PM

Ok guys so I want you guys to help me out. Which one of these do you think is the problem; my power strip(s) or my psu? My rig (not monitor and speakers) shut down suddenly on random. My psu is the HX750 by Corsair and I'm nowhere near full load according to my rig specs which is under my profile info. Last month, I used my new surge protector and my computer worked like a charm until it started shutting off while doing any thing (surfing the web and and playing games) After that happened, I changed to a new surge protector and plugged the plug into the first slot closest to the cord and it works fine until today and the problems have re-occured. what do you think is the problem with my rig? Is it the PSU or do you think it is the power strip being "burnt" out? Please help. Thank you very much.

More about : computer sudden shut

a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2012 8:38:22 PM

Does it work without the surge protector?
July 29, 2012 8:39:55 PM

Yeah it does of course, just haven't done any long term testing with it though.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2012 8:42:22 PM

My guess is that the surge protector is being 'over protective', they do that alot, guess thats how they are made...
July 29, 2012 9:53:30 PM

oh really and so far it's doing fine so far after changing back to the other surge protector
a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2012 9:56:22 PM

Sound strange..
!