  • Xbox 360
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 14, 2005 2:48:17 PM

I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p (progressive
scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me... now. But now I
gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA monitor... Which means
smaller screen because there is no way in hell i'm spending $109,999.99
on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen which I saw at Best Buy and
wasn't impressed... The alternative is my DLP projector Infocus 4805
screenplay. It has the proper inputs. Which can receive 1035i, 1080i,
720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on the food chain 480i. Even tho I
like playing SplinterCell on a 100" inch image. I didn't want to put
that much stress on the projector because it has a 4000 hour lamp life.
So i would have to stock up on $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only
one who is using analog tv. How are those 13inch plasma anyway?

More about : xbox360 woe

May 14, 2005 10:15:57 PM

<jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I spent $300 alone upgrading
> everything into Component wires!!!

You got ripped. Let me guess...... you used Monster Rip-Off
cables?
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 10:15:58 PM

Robin wrote:
> <jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I spent $300 alone upgrading
>>everything into Component wires!!!
>

> You got ripped. Let me guess...... you used Monster Rip-Off
> cables?

LOL...that is what it sounds like ;)
Related resources
May 14, 2005 11:16:48 PM

jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
> as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
> and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
> tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
> everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p
> (progressive scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me...
> now. But now I gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA
> monitor... Which means smaller screen because there is no way in hell
> i'm spending $109,999.99 on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen
> which I saw at Best Buy and wasn't impressed... The alternative is my
> DLP projector Infocus 4805 screenplay. It has the proper inputs.
> Which can receive 1035i, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on
> the food chain 480i. Even tho I like playing SplinterCell on a 100"
> inch image. I didn't want to put that much stress on the projector
> because it has a 4000 hour lamp life. So i would have to stock up on
> $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is using analog tv. How
> are those 13inch plasma anyway?

No I think it means it will be those minimal settings for HDTV only. CRT
tv's will still work as usual.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:35:42 PM

<jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
> as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
> and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
> tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
> everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p (progressive
> scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me... now. But now I
> gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA monitor... Which means
> smaller screen because there is no way in hell i'm spending $109,999.99
> on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen which I saw at Best Buy and
> wasn't impressed... The alternative is my DLP projector Infocus 4805
> screenplay. It has the proper inputs. Which can receive 1035i, 1080i,
> 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on the food chain 480i. Even tho I
> like playing SplinterCell on a 100" inch image. I didn't want to put
> that much stress on the projector because it has a 4000 hour lamp life.
> So i would have to stock up on $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only
> one who is using analog tv. How are those 13inch plasma anyway?

It is not necessary to have an HDTV to use the Xbox 360. You will still be
able to play it on your set just fine.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 11:43:47 PM

Robin wrote:
> <jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>I spent $300 alone upgrading
>>everything into Component wires!!!
>

> You got ripped. Let me guess...... you used Monster Rip-Off
> cables?

www.HiFiWankersRus.com
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 3:42:07 PM

<jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
> as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
> and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
> tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
> everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p (progressive
> scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me... now. But now I
> gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA monitor... Which means
> smaller screen because there is no way in hell i'm spending $109,999.99
> on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen which I saw at Best Buy and
> wasn't impressed... The alternative is my DLP projector Infocus 4805
> screenplay. It has the proper inputs. Which can receive 1035i, 1080i,
> 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on the food chain 480i. Even tho I
> like playing SplinterCell on a 100" inch image. I didn't want to put
> that much stress on the projector because it has a 4000 hour lamp life.
> So i would have to stock up on $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only
> one who is using analog tv. How are those 13inch plasma anyway?

It just means that those of us who have HD displays will get at least 720p
in the games. Older sets will still see things as always, they won't be cut
out. That would be suicide for the X-Box 360 anyway!

- Cryo
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 4:56:54 PM

Good to see you back in the groups, JLC!
May 15, 2005 5:58:04 PM

"Cryofax" <Bark@TheMoon.com> wrote in message
news:p _CdnYW2DdB1FBrfRVn-rw@giganews.com...
> <jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
>> as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
>> and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
>> tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
>> everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p (progressive
>> scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me... now. But now I
>> gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA monitor... Which means
>> smaller screen because there is no way in hell i'm spending $109,999.99
>> on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen which I saw at Best Buy and
>> wasn't impressed... The alternative is my DLP projector Infocus 4805
>> screenplay. It has the proper inputs. Which can receive 1035i, 1080i,
>> 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on the food chain 480i. Even tho I
>> like playing SplinterCell on a 100" inch image. I didn't want to put
>> that much stress on the projector because it has a 4000 hour lamp life.
>> So i would have to stock up on $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only
>> one who is using analog tv. How are those 13inch plasma anyway?
>
> It just means that those of us who have HD displays will get at least 720p
> in the games. Older sets will still see things as always, they won't be
> cut out. That would be suicide for the X-Box 360 anyway!
>
> - Cryo

Fear not, the XB360 will still support regular tv's..
http://money.cnn.com/2005/05/12/technology/personaltech...
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 7:02:33 PM

<jerseydevilxx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm hearing that Xbox360 will have 1080i thur 720p as a minimal. 720p
> as a minimal? If this is true then doesn't that mean I have to go out
> and buy a HD or Plasma tv right now? Because I'm using analog 36" RCA
> tv with component input (RGB) wires. I spent $300 alone upgrading
> everything into Component wires!!! So i'm only seeing 480p (progressive
> scan) games and movies. Which is good enough for me... now. But now I
> gonna need a DVi input of a HDTV or computer VGA monitor... Which means
> smaller screen because there is no way in hell i'm spending $109,999.99
> on a 60" inch LCD/plasma/CRT flatscreen which I saw at Best Buy and
> wasn't impressed... The alternative is my DLP projector Infocus 4805
> screenplay. It has the proper inputs. Which can receive 1035i, 1080i,
> 720p, 576p, 576i, 480p, and lower on the food chain 480i. Even tho I
> like playing SplinterCell on a 100" inch image. I didn't want to put
> that much stress on the projector because it has a 4000 hour lamp life.
> So i would have to stock up on $250 bulbs. I'm sure i'm not the only
> one who is using analog tv. How are those 13inch plasma anyway?

All Xbox 360 games will be, at a minimum, either 720p or 1080i. The Xbox
360 will have NTSC outputs for non HD sets. So if you don't have HD, you
can stll play Xbox 360 via the NTSC outputs... but it'll be at 480i.

What does this mean? It means those with HD sets will have HD quality
games... finally!!! Those with NTSC sets will have to settle for
down-converted (to 480i) games.

-Sammy
!