Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New Build for easy use for Family!

Last response: in Systems
April 16, 2012 10:43:59 PM

Hey Guys,

I need some help on building a new separate family computer for our old one is..old (7 years). Something not real expensive or high tech. Mainly for use of surfin' the web, using skype, email, the simple things.

Approximate Purchase Date: This Month

Budget Range: Max is $500. Preferably lower. Low as you can! (going cheap!)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing the Web, Email, Skype usage and MSN, related social networking sites.

Parts Not Required: Monitor, keyboard, mouse and printer.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Most used is newegg.com. then amazon.com, microcenter.com

Parts Preferences: I'd like Intel MOBO & CPU preferably, Corsair PSU I like, Western Digital HDD, Mini-mid size Tower case. Whatever YOU think is reliable. If you think I don't need one or any of the brands for this type of build tell me your alternative, I'm open to suggestions.

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Negative

Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024. (1440x990 if I decide to get a bigger monitor :D )

Additional Comments: Priority is quiet sounding PC, decent speed, up-to-date with everything. This PC is most likely going to be used by the females of the family majority of the time. As I said earlier this is a family computer no extreme gaming or editing at all.

PS.

(They wanted the color to be pink hehe)

More about : build easy family

Best solution

April 16, 2012 11:23:28 PM
April 17, 2012 12:21:05 AM

At your price range you would be best to buy a LAPTOP. You can hook it up to a monitor.

There are two ways to go in general:

1) Intel CPU + integrated Intel graphics (faster CPU, but lower graphics)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+17.3%26%2334%3B+L...

2) AMD APU (CPU+GPU) (slower CPU, faster graphics, best value for gaming at low price)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Satellite+L755D-S...

My advice would be to get a laptop with an AMD A6 series APU.

It's very difficult to build a $500 computer. It's $100 for Windows alone. Don't forget you can use the laptop screen buy itself, WITH a separate monitor, or ONLY use the attached monitor.

Good luck.
m
l
Related resources
April 17, 2012 12:50:55 AM

Oh man didn't think it would be more than I thought...hmmm I can reconsider...What you recommend then?

Thanks for the reply.
m
l
April 17, 2012 12:52:05 AM

ekkstra said:
Oh man didn't think it would be more than I thought...hmmm I can reconsider...What you recommend then?

Thanks for the reply.

The build i linked for you was way under budget....
m
l
April 17, 2012 2:37:55 AM

Can you re-link? It saying page not found :( 
m
l
April 17, 2012 7:42:16 PM

ekkstra said:
Can you re-link? It saying page not found :( 

Above are the links for the build i suggested. they all work for me.
m
l
April 19, 2012 7:23:37 AM

Sweet man I can see the links I can see them!(could of been my internet) Overall sounds good! I might replace the case for this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
because they don't like to see what the inside looks so I think this should be a good replacement.

I'll probably add a graphics card later on but for now this is fine ;) 

m
l
April 26, 2012 11:36:27 PM

Yeah haha I looked into that case too, just a bit expensive but I'll pick one eventually. Sorry for late reply but thanks for all the help!
m
l
April 26, 2012 11:36:39 PM

Best answer selected by ekkstra.
m
l
!