Graphics card for a dc5700 Low profile

I have a HP Compaq dc5700 small form factor, and would like to run dual monitors.
I purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1Gb DDR3 PCI and could not get it to function.
At boot, I received an error 955 stating that the system only supports SDVO/ADD2 cards in x16 slots.

Can you help my understand if this is possible on this computer? I'm running Windows 7 Home Basic.
3 answers Last reply
More about graphics card dc5700 profile
  1. Normal consumer GPUs will not work, unfortunately. The slot is meant for adding an additional port to the existing on-board graphics. You can get a card to run dual graphics(the existing and the expansion card port), but I hope you don't want to do any gaming with it.

You want to get this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815990004
    It's not available at the Egg, but you may be able to find it on eBay or something.

Good luck!
  2. Thanks sinstersalad. No gaming, simply want to run dual (extended) monitors for web editing purposes.
  3. dmoreaux said:
    I have a HP Compaq dc5700 small form factor, and would like to run dual monitors.
    I purchased a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450 1Gb DDR3 PCI and could not get it to function.
    At boot, I received an error 955 stating that the system only supports SDVO/ADD2 cards in x16 slots.

Can you help my understand if this is possible on this computer? I'm running Windows 7 Home Basic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product