can't keep desktop icons from auto arranging

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Desktop Icons
  • Windows XP
November 11, 2004 4:06:08 PM

Even though auto arrange is NOT checked, desktop icons are auto arranged on
the left . If I arrange them to my liking, they rearrange when I reboot.
How I can stop auto arrange , when it isn't checked?

More about : desktop icons auto arranging

Anonymous
November 13, 2004 10:52:47 AM

"franklin" <franklin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| Even though auto arrange is NOT checked, desktop icons are auto arranged on
| the left . If I arrange them to my liking, they rearrange when I reboot.
| How I can stop auto arrange , when it isn't checked?

Try...

Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

Save the .REG File to a hard disk.
Double click the .REG File; answer yes to the "Registry Editor" prompt.
(Open the .REG file in Notepad to view its contents.)
Then logoff, logon.
!