can't keep desktop icons from auto arranging

Even though auto arrange is NOT checked, desktop icons are auto arranged on
the left . If I arrange them to my liking, they rearrange when I reboot.
How I can stop auto arrange , when it isn't checked?
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop icons auto arranging

    "franklin" <franklin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | Even though auto arrange is NOT checked, desktop icons are auto arranged on
    | the left . If I arrange them to my liking, they rearrange when I reboot.
    | How I can stop auto arrange , when it isn't checked?

    Try...

    Line 54,(Save Settings on Exit)

    Save the .REG File to a hard disk.
    Double click the .REG File; answer yes to the "Registry Editor" prompt.
    (Open the .REG file in Notepad to view its contents.)
    Then logoff, logon.

Configuration Microsoft Customization Desktop Icons Windows XP