No system beeps, system doesn't turn on.

Apr 16, 2012
I just moved all my stuff from an old case to a new one (cosmos 2) and when I press the power button, the houses lights flicker (they do that whenever something draws a lot of power, like electric toilet flushing, turning my PC on) but nothing else happens. Motherboard lights are on BTW, the power and reset ones.

mobo: asus p6t deluxe
psu: cooler master silent pro 1200w
cpu: i7 920 stock clock
cpu fan/heatsink: nh d14
gpu: SLI 580 and I tried booting with both and with only one in
ram: 3 4gb sticks @ 1600MHz, tried booting with 3 and 1 in all slots

I used no new parts besides the NH D14 instead of a stock cooler.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

did all of that still no go, only thing I'm not sure about is this.

I have a 4+4 pin connector that came with my PSU, used it as 4+4 plugged into the mobo which is an 8 pin slot, only thing is I can barely reach in to unplug/plug it in since the NH D14 heatsink blocks it, so I want to know if it could be the problem or not.

EDIT: forgot to mention all of this stuff was working a few hours ago before I took it apart

edit 2: just tried with no ram or gpu and no beeps, fan spun for 1/10 of a second

edit 3: just unplugged the 4 + 4 pin, same thing happens so I'm thinking the PSU even though it was working a few hours ago. Same thing happens with just one 4 pin.

EDIT 4: IT WORKS unscrewed, shorts when screwed in.

Apr 16, 2012

I'll try that, although it would be strange if that was the problem seeing as it was fine for days.

I will post back with results.

BTW I just got my thirds power supply and it still doesn't work, it's pretty much confirmed now that it's not the power supply.

Use the template that came with the case to locate the correct positions of the stand-offs. The case has several threaded holes for different configurations of mounting depending on different motherboards.

Do not use more stand-offs than the motherboard will accommodate.