Sign in with
Your question

My new Asus GTX 570 is crashing.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2012 5:47:14 AM

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded my pc's graphics card from an ATI Radeon HD 5870 to a Asus GTX 570 (I also swapped to Nvidia because there were reported problems with ATI cards crashing when streaming online with xSplit (Which my old ATI did))

My PC Spec's are as followed:

CPU: Intel i7 860 @ 2.80GHz 2.93GHz

RAM: Ripjaws 2x4gb 8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM

Motherboard: Gigabyte p55-us3l

HDD: 2x1TB Hard drives (2TB Total)

GFX Card: ASUS GTX570 DirectCU II graphics cards with dual-fan cooling performance (http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGTX5...)

Sound Card: Motherboard Intergrated.

PSU: 950w PSU

If you need to know any other specs just ask me :p 

Basically the problems are, I start up my pc and its then working fine for awhile, no crashing, no lag seems to be working all well, however when I seem to put load onto the graphics card it will crash after about 5-10 minutes of it running the game.

When it does crash blue squares appear on my screen, all scattered over it and my whole pc freezes up and I cannot control it.

I have not done anything in terms of trying to fix it yet as im kinda fresh when it comes to Hardware, i've never upgraded my gfx card, only upgraded RAM, installed new HDD's and a PSU.

The correct drivers are installed and I have not changed any settings with the drivers.

If you have any idea why my graphics card is crashing then please share :) 

PS: While im playing minecraft with my Asus GTX 570, the boundaries between the blocks on minecraft have while outlines around them, almost like a wireframe, I switched back to my ATI Radeon and these lines did not appear, however when I put my new gfx card in they come back, if you know why this is please share also :p 

Regards,
Ryan.

More about : asus gtx 570 crashing

a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 6:10:44 AM

Use ccleaner and remove all ATI display drivers. Or driver sweeper if you have it, or can find it. Follow the instructions, reinstall nvidia drivers. Should work.
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 9, 2012 6:17:05 AM

:) 
Do you still have Drivers from both, ATI/AMD and Nvidia on the rig?
If so, you need to remove the AMD drivers from the very root..... every reg entry must go, Nvidia doesn't like ATI one wee bit.
Also, the Blue Blocks and then freezing, could be a heating up issue, use a utility like HWMonitor to monitor temps of the card while you putting load on the GPU.
To clean up AI/AMD drivers use a utility called DriverSweeper to clean out the drivers completely.
Then download a fresh copy of the Drivers from the Nvidia Site and install them , not from the manufacturer, but from Nvidia themselves.
Related resources
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 9, 2012 6:22:08 AM

Which 950w? :heink: 
February 9, 2012 1:18:34 PM

Thanks guys for all the help :) 

Im going to try clean out the ATI Drivers as they are all still installed on my computer so that may be the problem.

@amuffin Coursair TX950W
February 9, 2012 2:39:02 PM

Thanks guys for all your help!!!

All is working fine now as I speek, lines are gone on minecraft, and there are no crashing or blue squares! Thanks :) 

Regards,
Ryan!
a b U Graphics card
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 9, 2012 2:40:12 PM

Welcome...
!