Sign in with
Your question

Scammed?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 9, 2012 6:18:28 AM

I don't know where to post this question, so please move the thread to the correct forum is there is one.
I bought a video card about a week ago, paid via CC PayPal on Monday, seller, said he would ship Thursday at the latest. But he hasn't shipped yet, everyday he just made up an excuse, until Wednesday he finally says he will ship the card early in the morning, I asked for a tracking number, and he hasn't responded yet, but I can see he read the PM.

Should I just revert the charges at this point? :pfff: 
Only bought from him since he gave a good price and has decent heatware(+49), but after of week of excuses I'm not so sure anymore.

More about : scammed

a b Î Nvidia
a c 143 U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 11:52:01 AM

I'd write back to him and demand a tracking number within 2 hours of reading the PM. If he doesn't reply back with a tracking number (no excuses), you will revert the charges.

-Wolf sends
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a c 173 U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 1:54:40 PM

Just get your money back, I know how all these scams work from both ends and it is very easy to do so don't become a victim of it.
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2012 2:13:05 PM

Yeah, just sent him a pm, if he doesn't respond in an hour, I'll just have my bank revert the payment today, faster than dealing with the crappy paypal service.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
February 9, 2012 2:16:46 PM

+1 to that. However speaking from a sellers term, it can be a hassle when it comes to getting the Shipper number and all that but yes. I fully understand if he read the PM he should have atleast told you he will send a Tracking Number. Follow these guys advice and if he doesnt co-operate revert charges and give him a bad review and mark as Scammer etc. I have purchased a Video Card recently on Ebay and i was nervous, it came from new yrok and the guy only had two reviews with 100%. But i purchased it anyways and had best luck. works perfectly and saved 50$ from getting the same card from newegg
m
l
!