This look like a good gaming rig?

thumpin

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
Hey, got a budget of under $950, im in Australia, and am getting within the next 2 weeks.

I have come up with a pretty good rig i think but need some other peoples opinions and on weather i should wait for ivy bridge or go with sandy?

Website - www.pccasegear.com (Only this website please!)

Here it is.

-Intel i5 2500k or IB equivalent? (will it be worth the wait?)

- ASUS GeForce GTX 560Ti DirectCU II TOP 1GB

-Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Motherboard

-OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular

-CoolerMaster Storm Enforcer

-Seagate Barracuda 500GB ST500DM002

-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

-CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler

Does this seem like a good build, my main concern will be is IB going to be the same price or will it be more in australia on www.pccasegear.com?

That motherboard raises an eyebrow.

one pci-e 3.0 x16 slot
one pci-e 2.0 x16 slot @ x4

the 3.0 slot has way more bandwidth than you'll need for a single card, probably during the entire life of the platform. people are swapping to 3.0 boards for multiple 3.0 slots because they need the bandwidth for a 3 or 4 way sli/xfire.

Pci-e 2.0 is still enough bandwidth for a 2 card sli/xfire at x8/x8. However, the 2.0 slot on that board is worthless @ x4. The fastest card you could stick in a 4 lane pci-e 2.0 slot without significant performance loss is about a 6770.

About the only way those 2 slots would be useful together is if you are buying a new Nvidia card *and* you have an older nvidia card you want to use as a dedicated Physx card.

In short, that motherboard's design seems like a complete waste.

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
looks alright personally i have never known anyone using a dedicated physics board pretty much all my mates, myself included use amd these days we have all had to many nvidias fail (plus we have to keep amd alive cos there cpu's are sh!thouse for competion for intel. i have gone the sli and cfx path in the past and wont do it again anytime soon so the motherboard choice depends on that fact as quilciri mentioned try umart and msy aswell they are everywhere too and i usually find them cheaper than pccg and service is good at the stores i go too. your so close to ib you might aswell wait for the reviews but you cant go wrong with a 2500k either. i usually find gskill ram cheaper ( i have never had a drama with them, i use them in every build i do for myself or friends and asus gpus are usually expensive unless your planning on ocing it heavily then its worth it. it will run bf3 nice!