What is AUXTIN

Lovegrc

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
What is meant by auxtin, don’t seem to be able to find an exact answer.

My auxtin temp varies between 50c to 125c, but nothing seems that hot on
the motherboard.

Is there a relationship between cputin & auxtin?

When my cpu temp is about 45c then auxtin seems to be around 95c to 125c, &
when cpu temp is around 55c to 65c then auxtin seems to be around 50c to 65c.

Hope somebody can answer these questions.

Many thanks in advance
Chris.

It's more than likely something on your motherboard. There are a huge number of places where thermal sensors of various types can be placed. At least 3 types of thermal measurement devices are commonly used: thermal diodes (specially constructed BJT transistors), thermistors (thermally controlled resistors), and thermocouples (a pair of coupled conductors of different metals)

Each Intel IA-32 core has a thermal diode, along with the memory controller, PCIe controller, a thermistor for the whole processor package (this is what's usually measured). There's also one on the PCH but that's a different chip

Motherboard manufacturers usually attach their own monitoring chip and put the thermisters around the board. One common device is the Nuvoton NCT6776F chip which does all the power supply voltage rail monitoring, fan speed monitoring, etc... To find out exactly where the Auxiliary and system thermistors are placed you will have to consult your motherboard manual.

EDIT: There's no standard way to measure, monitor, or present temperature values to the user. Each motherboard manufacturer can do it their own way and they often do. Thus, programs which only present a single sensor such as Coretemp can easily be confused. Certain software solutions such as HWInfo64 will present all the detected sensors to the user including the Intel ones for comparison

Lovegrc

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012

Pinhedd

Thanks very much for the info, it's very useful, I will try and get a motherboard layout to find out where the sensors are located.

Many thanks
Chris.

G

auxtin is bullcrap i took my pc in my back garden where it is -8c and auxtin still said that it was 128c.