XP reinstall problem

After installing XP on my C drive, it somehow became an extended partition.

Yesterday I installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition to my D drive
with 10 GB on it and formatted it NTFS. In the process it wiped out
everything on my C drive but didn't bother my E drive with 18 GB (NTFS). I
can live with that loss, but now it's not letting me reinstall XP on my C
drive. Whenever I bootup with Windows XP pro in the CD ROM, it says "Boot
from CD:" I press enter. Nothing, it doesn't let me type anything - and then
boots up Server 2003.

How can I install XP on the C drive? (I have now converted all three drives
to 'Dynamic')
Can anyone help? Thanks!
--
Mala
1 answer Last reply

    Error Message About Partition Appears When You Install
    Windows XP to a Dynamic Volume
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;283421

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Mala" wrote:

    | After installing XP on my C drive, it somehow became an extended partition.
    |
    | Yesterday I installed Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition to my D drive
    | with 10 GB on it and formatted it NTFS. In the process it wiped out
    | everything on my C drive but didn't bother my E drive with 18 GB (NTFS). I
    | can live with that loss, but now it's not letting me reinstall XP on my C
    | drive. Whenever I bootup with Windows XP pro in the CD ROM, it says "Boot
    | from CD:" I press enter. Nothing, it doesn't let me type anything - and then
    | boots up Server 2003.
    |
    | How can I install XP on the C drive? (I have now converted all three drives
    | to 'Dynamic')
    | Can anyone help? Thanks!
    | --
    | Mala