Connecting a 4 pin Molex. lol and GPU cooling.

joerowland

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
Okay here goes the noobiest question ever asked... How do I connect a molex like the one in this pictcure to my psu or mobo? I have only used the 2-3 pin fan connectors.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Evercool-SB-F1-slot-system-exhaust/dp/B004ZSC0XS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Do I just take the cable from my PSU and plug it into that? The one with similar connectors that is... it's just when I try it seems to need a lot of force etc. and I don't wanna break something.

Also that cooler will it be good enough to cool my 550ti if I remove its current fan? (The fan blades are broken) It has only 4 blades left so is really noisy.

If it is good enough should I leave the heatsink on the GPU (I'm pretty sure I should)

jay_nar2012

Distinguished
You get a molex connector from the PSU connect it to one end of the adapter of the fan, then plug the front end of the connector to a hard drive or something, there are no connectors like that on the mobo.

joerowland

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
hmmm I think I know what you mean... I saw the connector and wondered why it wouldn't work when I plugged in the molex and then left the cable from the psu loose I take it, it needs a power source running to the hard drive to take it's own power?