Blackberry vs. Data Connect

Last response: in Network Providers
July 23, 2005 9:50:21 PM

I'm currently with Sprint, but I'm planning to switch as soon as I can
figure out what I need. Could someone please tell me the difference between
the Blackberry 4 MB optional add-on and the Data Connect 5 MB add-ons?

Do the Data Connect add-ons work with the Blackberry or just with camera
phones? I would like to be able to get my e-mail on the road, but I would
like to respond on a QWERTY keyboard. I assume this would require getting a
Blackberry. I'm not on the road a great deal; but, when I am, I would need
to check e-mail up to a half dozen times a day. Also, I would really prefer
not to hunt and peck on a regular phone keypad.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Karen C.
Anonymous
July 23, 2005 10:20:31 PM

My company participates in a contract with Cingular and we have either the
3MB Data or Unlimited Data available for Blackberry's. Our rep told us if
we plan on sending more than 50 emails per month we should get the unlimited
plan. Of course that's just an estimate but it sounded reasonable.

"Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently with Sprint, but I'm planning to switch as soon as I can
> figure out what I need. Could someone please tell me the difference
> between the Blackberry 4 MB optional add-on and the Data Connect 5 MB
> add-ons?
>
> Do the Data Connect add-ons work with the Blackberry or just with camera
> phones? I would like to be able to get my e-mail on the road, but I would
> like to respond on a QWERTY keyboard. I assume this would require getting
> a Blackberry. I'm not on the road a great deal; but, when I am, I would
> need to check e-mail up to a half dozen times a day. Also, I would really
> prefer not to hunt and peck on a regular phone keypad.
>
> Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
>
> Karen C.

Anonymous
July 24, 2005 4:57:59 AM

"Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
> My company participates in a contract with Cingular and we have either the
> 3MB Data or Unlimited Data available for Blackberry's. Our rep told us if
> we plan on sending more than 50 emails per month we should get the
> unlimited plan. Of course that's just an estimate but it sounded
> reasonable.

Thanks for your feedback. I tried talking with a couple of Cingular store
reps, but they really didn't seem as if they had an inkling as to what they
were talking about. Hopefully, when I try to place my order, I'll have
better luck.

Thanks!

Karen C.
July 25, 2005 6:51:28 PM

Don't switch. If you can have a blackberry with service from another
company you are satisfied with, do it. I was with SunCom for four years
prior to the merger. NO dropped calls. I stayed with Cingular after the
merger and bought a Blackberry. COUNTLESS dropped calls. Very dissatisfied
with the service. LOVE the Blackberry.

> "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
> > My company participates in a contract with Cingular and we have either
the
> > 3MB Data or Unlimited Data available for Blackberry's. Our rep told us
if
> > we plan on sending more than 50 emails per month we should get the
> > unlimited plan. Of course that's just an estimate but it sounded
> > reasonable.
>
> Thanks for your feedback. I tried talking with a couple of Cingular store
> reps, but they really didn't seem as if they had an inkling as to what
they
> were talking about. Hopefully, when I try to place my order, I'll have
> better luck.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Karen C.

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 3:31:55 AM

"Christopher Feugill" <cfeugill@cox.net> wrote in message
news:o waFe.61496$FP2.19427@lakeread03...
> Don't switch. If you can have a blackberry with service from another
> company you are satisfied with, do it. I was with SunCom for four years
> prior to the merger. NO dropped calls. I stayed with Cingular after the
> merger and bought a Blackberry. COUNTLESS dropped calls. Very
> dissatisfied
> with the service. LOVE the Blackberry.

Thanks for your feedback. I did place the order to switch my voice provider
to Cingular, but I held up on ordering the data line. Thanks, again!

Karen C.
!