Blackberry vs. Data Connect

I'm currently with Sprint, but I'm planning to switch as soon as I can
figure out what I need. Could someone please tell me the difference between
the Blackberry 4 MB optional add-on and the Data Connect 5 MB add-ons?

Do the Data Connect add-ons work with the Blackberry or just with camera
phones? I would like to be able to get my e-mail on the road, but I would
like to respond on a QWERTY keyboard. I assume this would require getting a
Blackberry. I'm not on the road a great deal; but, when I am, I would need
to check e-mail up to a half dozen times a day. Also, I would really prefer
not to hunt and peck on a regular phone keypad.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Karen C.
4 answers Last reply
More about blackberry data connect

    My company participates in a contract with Cingular and we have either the
    3MB Data or Unlimited Data available for Blackberry's. Our rep told us if
    we plan on sending more than 50 emails per month we should get the unlimited
    plan. Of course that's just an estimate but it sounded reasonable.

    "Robby" <nospam@biteme.com> wrote in message
    > My company participates in a contract with Cingular and we have either the
    > 3MB Data or Unlimited Data available for Blackberry's. Our rep told us if
    > we plan on sending more than 50 emails per month we should get the
    > unlimited plan. Of course that's just an estimate but it sounded
    > reasonable.

    Thanks for your feedback. I tried talking with a couple of Cingular store
    reps, but they really didn't seem as if they had an inkling as to what they
    were talking about. Hopefully, when I try to place my order, I'll have
    better luck.

    Thanks!

    Karen C.

    Don't switch. If you can have a blackberry with service from another
    company you are satisfied with, do it. I was with SunCom for four years
    prior to the merger. NO dropped calls. I stayed with Cingular after the
    merger and bought a Blackberry. COUNTLESS dropped calls. Very dissatisfied
    with the service. LOVE the Blackberry.

    "Christopher Feugill" <cfeugill@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Don't switch. If you can have a blackberry with service from another
    > company you are satisfied with, do it. I was with SunCom for four years
    > prior to the merger. NO dropped calls. I stayed with Cingular after the
    > merger and bought a Blackberry. COUNTLESS dropped calls. Very
    > dissatisfied
    > with the service. LOVE the Blackberry.

    Thanks for your feedback. I did place the order to switch my voice provider
    to Cingular, but I held up on ordering the data line. Thanks, again!

    Karen C.

Cingular Connection BlackBerry Internet Service Providers