best detonator driver version for xp?

G

i find the detonatorXP-line unstable, windows always crashes to bsod and later error reporting says its the nvidia driver...

what dya guys use? im using winxp build 2600... tnx!

peace outz!!!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, what's your motherboard? There is a know issue with nVidia cards + Via-based motherboards + WinXp. Read it at <A HREF="http://www.viahardware.com" target="_new">Via Hardware</A>.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Retruglot

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2001
Bada bing.. I just (seem to have) solved a problem with the nVidia + Via + XP thang by simply getting the latest drivers from Aopen (for my AK73 mobo).. I kept getting an "Windows has just recovered from a serious error" message after logging on.. it refered to the Minidump directory (see other thread) and the bsod's were becoming more frequent... With the new drivers I haven't seen this yet (only after 2-3 reboots). The login definitely goes faster than it did with the WinXP drivers for the ViaKT133 chipset..

I'm running the Detonator 21.83 at the moment... Now to try the latest Detonator drivers... *crosses-fingers*

Ret

G

ecs k7s5a - the sis735 chipset... i got everything installed right, except for that...

peace outz!!!