560 TI SLI does it have to be exact

Reveyah

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
I have a 560 TI nvidia brand which i just got was on sale. Question is i want to SLI does it have to be the exact same 560 TI or can it be a different brand with higher core clock since i could overclock the one I have to match, and does the memory size have to be the same.

Also would it work with a 560 TI Fermi 448 core, not sure if the different ammound of cores will make it not possible. :bounce:

No, it will not work with the 560-448 as it is actually a 570 w/ 1 of the 15 SM's disabled.

It is recommended that you use the exact same card in SLI for one reason .... if you have an issue, getting tech support for SLI issues from either of the manufacturers will be difficult as each will blame the other guy.

If ya mix specs, within the 560 family, the cards will work but will default to the lowest common hardware characteristic.

larkspur

Distinguished
Don't mix memory sizes. Even if they work together, they will both be restricted to the memory amount of the lowest card. So mixing a 2gb card with a 1gb card would restrict the 2gb card to only using 1gb. Again, that assumes that it would even work (I haven't tried). If your original card is a 560ti 1gb then get another 560ti 1gb. And make sure your motherboard and PSU can support SLI.

Reveyah

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Ok Thanks so much!!!!!

I will Get The EVGA 1GB then since it's the same as the nvida brand one i have right now, would get another nvidia one but Best Buy is out and won't be on sale anymore.

cody206

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
I just ordered a Galaxy 560 Ti about 2 weeks ago for $244 and got promo code from NewEgg to get a PNY 560 Ti Overclock for only $161, so I ordered it. Found out neither of my cards came with a SLI Bridge! Will find out tomorrow how these different brands / clock speeds work together in SLI & will reply back.

cody206

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Well they worked just fine in SLI mode as far as configuration is concerned, but I was having crashes in BF3 (I was having the crashes with just the Galaxy single GPU too). I ultimately flashed both cards with a Gigabyte BIOS with higher stock volts & default clock 900 mhz, while the original galaxy & pny clocks were 835/850.

It also helped with fan speeds for tuning heat/noise issues, since they had different fan speeds. I don't like having to run software to properly set my card's performance & noise level. Anyway, now they play great together! Although I've had very little time to play lately so the verdict is still out on the battlefield 3 crashes. I got 3dmarks over 9k with the demo settings, so I'm happy with them.