Solved

Looking for a GOOD after effects/gaming laptop

well Im currently looking at the dv6tqe 7000 im having trouble deciding I want the best i can possibly afford "that my girlfriend will let me"

first question is the processor prices,

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
Included in price

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM Processor (2.6 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
+$175.00

3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820QM Processor (2.7 GHz, 8MB L3 Cache)
+$400.00

is that 3820 really that much better? i will be playing games and i'd like to record game play using fraps or something idk yet
I play a lil w.o.w occasionally mw3 i do more with after effects and photoshop then anything i want a FAST computer that loads quickly..

Im on a inspiron 530 with a duo coreE4600 with 3.25gigs of ram its CRAP lol

and i read in a previous topic basically saying that the video card upgrade is a rip off..

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 630M Graphics with 1GB GDDR3 memory [HDMI, VGA]
Included in price
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 1GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
+$75.00
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
+$125.00

---------------------------------------------------------------
im currently on a HIS radeon 6400 1 gig pciex16??? something like that its was a 40 dollar card on amazon
it does its job but ive been saving for something better,,decided to get a laptop..

and ill get the 16 gig ram upgrade and windows ultimate to support it but im wondering mainly on the video card and processor OR possibly a better deal of a laptop all together comes out to about 1200 its alot of cheese whats a good spec or laptop to run ANY game as well as recording and be able to edit in after effects comfortably ?

website looks good btw ive been coming here since i was 12 learned alot here just now signed up =(
thanks,
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking good effects gaming laptop
  1. just by looking at that i only see a .1 difference on the "windows experience" so i could probably save 400 bucks just with the stock i7? and still use after effects without to much delay?
  2. http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/overview-of-system-requirements
    I watched this video it explains pretty well but i cant touch the computer and get a feel for it until i drop 1200 bucks on it , Ive never bought anything this expensive lol im nervous i want to be happy with my purchase
  3. mashimario5 said:
    http://www.video2brain.com/en/lessons/overview-of-system-requirements
    I watched this video it explains pretty well but i cant touch the computer and get a feel for it until i drop 1200 bucks on it , Ive never bought anything this expensive lol im nervous i want to be happy with my purchase

Hi :)

1200 will get you an average gaming laptop...NOT a good one....

Pcs are much cheaper and better for gaming...

All the best Brett :)
  4. The second or the stock would be fine, not worth the 400+.
    The second card would be fine also.
    You could spend the saved money on win7 and RAM or get an SSD....
  5. buy the one with the best graphics card you can afford.
  6. sooo,, i should get over the laptop idea and go desktop? i really would prefer it honestly i like tinkering with my computer , I was just suspended for a injury at work and ive decided to move on and get a better job building CRAPPY school buses isnt for me,,, but with that said,,, lol im going to get my 401k and invest in a nice computer doesnt necessarily have to be a laptop any suggestions for a good build for gaming/video editing/recording game play? and thank you EVERYONE for the help
  7. Best answer
  8. HOLY **** lol thanks!
  9. Your welcome!!
  10. Best answer selected by mashimario5.
  11. both of those linked desktops are horrible gaming computers. Also extremely overpriced.
  12. http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP9130
    For not much more than the HP you can have a Sager (with i5) but get a gtx670 with it.
  13. esrever said:
    both of those linked desktops are horrible gaming computers. Also extremely overpriced.

Not as much as Macs! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Processors Product