FlyingCupHolder

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I need help deciding on what case is adequate for this build. I want the case to be uber silent.

PSU: 600W Corsair GS600

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43

RAM: Corsair 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) Vengeance Low Profile

SSD: 60GB Corsair Solid State Force 3

HDD: 500GB, Seagate

Graphics card: MSI GeForce N570GTX Twin Frozr III/O

I will not be putting the rig together myself, I will let the store assemble it.

Question nr.1: Will the cooling be sufficient with a CoolerMaster Silencio 550?

Question nr.2: Will it all fit in there?

Question nr3: If in the future I will get a second graphics card, will the cooling be sufficient then? Overclocking is not on the agenda(yet).

I really like the look of the case and from reading the reviews it is uber silent, which is exactly what I am looking for.

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
That MoBo can only Crossfire. Unless there is a way that I do not know of, choose a Radeon GPU instead. I would suggest a Radeon 7870. More power efficient and a better graphics card.

A popular CPU cooler is a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo. You will definitely need one if you are overclocking.

Hello,

1) With the stock cooler yes.

2) Yes. That case supports even long video cards.

3) Yes it should be fine. Temps might get a little hotter than normal though.

BTW very nice build! Good selection of components.

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Here is a good review from someone I trust. http://www.guru3d.com/article/cooler-master-silencio-550-review/

It's definitely a sexy case. If I knew I was going to SLI and overclock, I would probably look for something roomier, with a giant fan on top.

But at that price, you really can't go wrong.

Not exactly sure....however i've heard of people using "tweaked" drivers to say run SLI in a CF only mobo. Although I don't think those are very reliable.

FlyingCupHolder

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
Hmmm interesting.. If I dont SLI/Crossfire and I dont overclock, will the case have sufficient cooling?

Thanks chainzsaw but im a complete noob, whats a stock cooler?:D

Yes the case will have sufficient cooling. (it might be a little warmer due to the increased noise control pads in the case).

A stock cooler comes with your CPU. It keeps your CPU decently cooled. However if you get a aftermarket cooler, say like the Hyper 212+ - it will definitely cool your CPU much better than the "stock" cooler that comes with your CPU.

Take a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_sink

Thats a cooler, also known as a heat sink.

torchwood_3

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012

When u get ur CPU you get a fan from intel (Stock Cooler) iso it doesnt overheat f you want to take it out of its normal operating limits ie overclocking you need a better cooler

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

The stock cooler is the heatsink included with your processor. If you're not overclocking, it should do just fine. However, if you do plan in the future, you would want to invest in an aftermarket cpu cooler.

As for your case, I am not familiar with. However, you can always add fans in the future if you do find that it is getting too hot.