Is this computer rig compatible?

LLAMAvsCOW

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Ordering this today, wanted a more experienced opinion if everything will work well with each other. Please know that i'm budgeted and cant really afford to upgrade any parts if it isn't completely necessary.

Configuration

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1333MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 2 PCI

VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Raidmax RX-850AE 80 Plus Gold Power Supply

Solution
If the purpose of this build is gaming, 16 GB RAM is really overkill. Go with 8GB and you won't see any problems. also, 1600 MHz Ram would be better, just make sure when you get your build you enable XMP mode in bios.

Also, swap that closed loop liquid cooling with a good air cooling unit such as either hyper 212. These closed loop units really do not perform as well as the decent air units for the price of them. The Hyper 212 EVO is only $4 more and will be worth it.

That power supply is overkill for your system unless you later plan to crossfire. Stick with a solid brand 650 or 700w such as the Corsair 650TX on their page.

Also, have you considered building yourself? That is an option that would give you a lot more...

l0v3rboi

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
What are you mainly going to use the pc for. If it is for gaming then 16 gb might be unnecessary. Go with 8 Gb DDR3 RAM. Something like this would work: http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=57078&vpn=CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9&manufacture=Corsair.

A CM hyper 212 plus evo would work just as well as you Corsair H60. Plus, its cheaper.

850 watts is a bit too much for that system. Even if you do plan to Crossfire, 650W should be enough since your GPU is less power hungry. Just make sure that it is 80 plus certified and from a reliable brand (i.e. corsair, seasonic)

g-unit1111

Titan

Not only is 850 pretty overkill but Raidmax is an awful brand for PSUs and everything else in general.

If it's a gaming system - 16GB is definitely unnecessary and the liquid cooler isn't needed either. Drop the RAM to 8GB and drop the liquid cooler to a Hyper 212 Evo and then invest that difference in upgrading the GPU to a Radeon 7870. Although I'd definitely question that "major name brand" business - that sounds incredibly sketchy.

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
If the purpose of this build is gaming, 16 GB RAM is really overkill. Go with 8GB and you won't see any problems. also, 1600 MHz Ram would be better, just make sure when you get your build you enable XMP mode in bios.

Also, swap that closed loop liquid cooling with a good air cooling unit such as either hyper 212. These closed loop units really do not perform as well as the decent air units for the price of them. The Hyper 212 EVO is only $4 more and will be worth it.

That power supply is overkill for your system unless you later plan to crossfire. Stick with a solid brand 650 or 700w such as the Corsair 650TX on their page.

Also, have you considered building yourself? That is an option that would give you a lot more knowledge of your system as well as the ability to handpick each and every part in your build. You might even save a little money for a similar build if you are interested. There are plenty of guides that can get you started on this if it seems like something you might be considering.

Solution

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah I would rather build myself than gamble with that "major name brand" business. It could be like Priceline or Hotwire - you name your price and they pick where you stay.

But I definitely agree that the PSU needs to be changed - Raidmax is an awful brand that produces a lot of crap.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
you should probably mention this is a CyberPower PC... we even have a section for them.

And, of course, most people here would recommend building your own. It's cheaper and you get a better selection.

If you still want to use cyberpower, we can recommend a better PSU choice but know that the PSU is a major area that they rip you off in.