Sign in with
Your question

Psu might be dying?

Last response: in Components
July 30, 2012 10:26:20 PM

Right now my computer is suffering from the infinite boot powering on and off. It all started when I put my computer into sleep mode which my computer couldn get out off. I tried the old fashined plug in and out and resetting cmos but no luck.

I then tried the paper clip in the psu to see will it even power on which it does but try to add gpu's and you get the infinite loop.

I honestly am stuck. I dont just know where the fault is but if I was to guess it'd be the psu but the psu isnt that old 2-3 years old and a good psu corsair HX 750W

More about : psu dying

a b ) Power supply
July 30, 2012 11:02:15 PM

press f8 while booting up and select safe mode.
once booted up in safe mode go:
Start>control panel>System>Advanced System Setting (on left side)
in the Startup and Recovery section click on Settings
Now uncheck Automatically Restart and then the ok button until you've closed.
Now reboot and let it start up normally and lets see your error message.
July 30, 2012 11:14:51 PM

It wont even boot the a far, basically I press power button and a second later the pc turns off and then cycle continues
Related resources
August 3, 2012 7:47:42 AM

hmm, if your not getting any BSOD's its software or bios related. Boot into bios and try setting the HDD mode to IDE mode and see if it boots, AHCI mode some drives might not work and cause a reboot loop, If that don't work then im afraid it might be the OS, Try repairing it with the OS disk.
August 3, 2012 1:36:08 PM

Viking2121 said:
hmm, if your not getting any BSOD's its software or bios related. Boot into bios and try setting the HDD mode to IDE mode and see if it boots, AHCI mode some drives might not work and cause a reboot loop, If that don't work then im afraid it might be the OS, Try repairing it with the OS disk.

"It wont even boot the a far, basically I press power button and a second later the pc turns off and then cycle continues"
maybe... try removing the cmos battery to reset the bios? Leave it out about 5 minutes, remove the power plug from your computer and then put it back again. I had this happen to me once too, my PC kept rebooting on and on because of something I modified in the BIOS a few days earlier.
!