Is it good for gaming

jebb7

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
Im trying to build a gaming pc that will run new games like gw2 on max settings, im new to computers so i dont know a whole lot but this is my build for just over $1400 and i want to know if its good

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2550K 3.40 GHz 6MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)

MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] Asus P8Z68-V LX Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard LucidLogix Virtu and Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID,2 3 PCIe Gen2, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 3CI (All Venom OC Certified) [+5]

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 1.5GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+260] (EVGA Superclocked)

gary1

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012

It will be good, but I would suggest taking the amount of money you're about to spend and building it yourself, you'll have fun, and get a much better computer.

jjanoch

Honorable
Feb 24, 2012
how many times do I have to read posts where the OP says something like "I don't know much" and then the first reply is "build your own"?

Not everyone has the knowledge or desire to build their own. Sure it might be the cheapest way, but you can still get a good PC for reasonable money and built for you.

Jebb your list is fine, the only suggestion I would make is to read as many articles on this and other websites to help you make specific brand choices within your general range of items. Specifically, while I like ASUS products, is that the best model for your PC? There could be another that will do everything you need and save a bit of money.
There are a ton of choices with PSU's...look into those as well before you make your decision.

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
just make sure the power supply is Corsiar or Thermaltake or a good after market and not cyberpowers Xtremegear garbage. thats like putting a cancerous kidney into a healthy body.... it will fry the other components.

also, get 4gb x 2 config so you can easily upgrade in a few years.

TRENDING THREADS