Family Digital Camera Recommendation

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 22, 2005 1:24:21 AM

Lost my Olympus Camedia C-4000!

Need a replacement for general family-life photography.

Is there a good website with reviews and recommendations for digital
cameras?

Thanks
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:24:22 AM

"Marty" <marty@aoll.com> wrote in message
> Lost my Olympus Camedia C-4000!
>
> Need a replacement for general family-life photography.
>
> Is there a good website with reviews and recommendations for digital
> cameras?

www.dpreview.com
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 2:20:04 AM

Marty wrote:
> Is there a good website with reviews and recommendations for digital
> cameras?

For recommendations:
http://digitalcameraguide.blogspot.com/
Written earlier in the year, but points made are still valid.

For professional reviews:
http://www.dcviews.com/cameras.htm
Locate the camera of your choice, then find all the available reviews in the
Rt. margin of the new page.

--
Lin Chung
[Replace "the Water Margin" with "ntlworld" for e-mail].

> Lost my Olympus Camedia C-4000!
>
> Need a replacement for general family-life photography.
>
> Is there a good website with reviews and recommendations for digital
> cameras?
>
> Thanks

Did you like your C-4000? You might check into one of the newer Oly cameras.
For example, the 7070 have a much-wider zoom than your C-4000, but in a
larger package. I do find the 28mm (equivalent) wide end to be a very nice
feature, especially for family-life stuff (as you put it). You might also
look at the Canon S60 & S70 models. The older S60 can be had for a pretty
reasonable price.

For what it's worth, I own a Fuji E510, which I would *not* recommend.
Picked it up while on vacation in Hawaii, since it had a 28mm (equivalent)
wide end to the zoom. Unfortunately, it doesn't take nearly as nice pictures
as my older Olympus D40, and eats batteries. Wished I'd had my 5050 with me
at the time, but it was in the shop with a busted lens.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
!