Difference between 125 W and 140W 965 BE

I was looking at doing a cheap gaming build and decided to go AMD because I was able to get a Phenom II 965 BE for pretty cheap. What I didn't know before I bought the CPU is that there are two different TDP 965's. I always thought there was only one model with a 125 Watt TDP. So what is the difference between the two? Both are the same model type, both have the same clock speeds but they have different TDP's. What is the difference and why does one have a higher TDP? Does it have something to do with the B3 stepping? Also what effect if any does a higher TDP make on overclocking?

Solution
They are the same, but the C2 chip was 140W, while the 125W is C3. They reduce the TDP because low is always better for the memory controller, and the chip itself: less power = less heating.

A lower TDP is a bit better for OC.

jemm

Distinguished
They are the same, but the C2 chip was 140W, while the 125W is C3. They reduce the TDP because low is always better for the memory controller, and the chip itself: less power = less heating.

A lower TDP is a bit better for OC.

Solution
Several of the Phenom II Denebs were the same model with different steppings, although the ones Newegg/TigerDirect carry should be the C3 stepping (125 watt TDP) based on the model number they provide on their links.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Phenom%20II%20X4%20965%20Black%20Edition%20-%20HDZ965FBK4DGM%20%28HDZ965FBGMBOX%29.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

The short version is the the 125 watt is the better one, C2 (which the 140 watts are) steppings ran hotter and less efficiently than the C3 steppings.

Oops didn't mean to select best answer..o well. Anyway yea of course lower is better and I figured it had something to do with the stepping. I just wasn't sure how much of an effect this would have in overall overclocking. Now I'm not so crazy over this CPU. I'f going to have a hyper 212 but still 140 Watt TDP is going to be pretty hot.