Are these honestly any good? new PC gamer here need feedback

only so much research can tell.... from what I read on the computer everyone says they like they for gaming, idk though what does everyone think? see a few in a 600-800 price range that seem pretty decent but im new to the PC world....
10 answers Last reply
More about honestly good gamer feedback
  1. Build your own.
  2. They advertise the Gamer Xtreme 1000 for prices like that, the i5-2500 seems like the sweet spot for price and performance, However the listed video card is GT 520, this is not a gaming video card. It would have to be upgraded to at least a GTX 550 Ti to be considered a gaming computer.

Just to give you an idea an EVGA GT 520 is $54.99 at newegg.com and the EVGA 550 Ti is $134.99 (These are the Fermi family)

The Kepler family GTX 6xx are just now being released, and they started with the high end GTX 680 at $499.99, other cheaper ones to follow in the coming months.

Do you want to play all the new games? And at what resolution?

Which model were you looking at?
  3. Yeah I saw that, that a lot of them have that video card and its GARBAGE.. IDK a lot abut this stuff just yet, but i def. do my research on certain video cards.... the one I found that looked actually good was this one http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CyberPower_A64_Same_Day/

only thing I saw really wrong was the video card isn't the BEST. It has the radeon hd 6670 which is a good video card but not the best, figured IFFFFF I buy it I can always just upgrade the video card, but with everything else the system has maybe it'll play the games on high settings
  4. my fault not that computer, this one http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Scorpius_8000/

heres the stats:

CPU: AMD FX-4100 3.60 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
    HDD: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-970A-D3 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX Mainboard w/ On/Off Charge, 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
  5. Or would it e better to just upgrade my dell Inspiron?
  6. You could certainly try to upgrade your inspiron, though one thing I learned is you have to make sure your power supply is enough before you upgrade it. I tried upgrading the graphics card on one of my old PC's a while ago, and the power supply couldn't take it and failed after a month. If you still want to buy a new PC, I did recently buy a PC from Ironside Computers that turned out very nicely. My Pc was around $1000 at the time, but I'm sure you can find something in your price range. Their website is http://IronsideComputers.com if you want to give them a try. Good luck!
  7. CyberPower would save you $300-400 over that Ironside shop. Building your own would save even more.

Upgrading your Inspiron is not an option.

I purchased from CyberPower almost 4 years ago. Still up and running today. Had 2 fans quit on me recently, but not a huge issue and easy to replace.
  8. This thread was over a year old
  9. michaelxps said:
    only so much research can tell.... from what I read on the computer everyone says they like they for gaming, idk though what does everyone think? see a few in a 600-800 price range that seem pretty decent but im new to the PC world....
  10. good budget builds here www.gaminggurupc.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Cyberpower Gaming Computer Systems