Sign in with
Your question

New PC constant BSODS

Last response: in Systems
April 18, 2012 5:20:10 AM

I made my computer around early December.

My specs include
Asus Z68 V-Pro
i5 2500k
Nvidia GTX 560ti
8GB [2 + 4GB] Corsair RAM chips at 1600Mhz
Seagate Barracuda 1Tb
600W Corsair PSU

I've been having CONSTANT blue screens.

I've reinstalled windows 7 a number of times, I've used blue screen viewer, memtest86+, flashed my bios, repair install, chkdsk /r, defragged, sfc /scannow, did a custom installation with advanced and formatted my harddrive, and even used the SP2 Vista compatability setting when doing the upgrade for the repair install. I've reinstalled my drivers step by step, making sure that everything in device manager checks out. I set my bios to X.M.P. for my ram chips, switched out my harddrive 2 times now (I'm on the third). Had a local technician look at it, and had him try to install his home premium version on it..
I got my Windows 7 Ultimate copy from a University bookstore.

With the memtest86+, I've ran it for over 5+ passes at a time with both chips in them.
(Please, is there another way other than having one chip there for 5+ passes at a time? That's a lot of time for my computer to just sit there idley.. plus what if it's the socket itself that's causing the trouble? T________T Worried)
Anyway, I've had one error but i've continued to test it out and I haven't had an error since, (I will run it while i'm in class tomorrow).

One thing i've noticed is that my sfc will always pick up something corrupt. However, it's always a different dll or nlslexicon file that it couldn't repair. Always. I've had moments where there were no violations, but I instantly become discouraged because once I run the test again to see if it's too good to be true, the issues pop up again.

I've tried visiting reddit.com/r/techsupport and another subreddit, but I forgot the name of it. I've searched through the depths of google and tried to utilize bing. Tried installing hotfixes that might've addressed my issues, but to no avail. I've contacted microsoft support, and they couldn't help me. Now that one month has passed since I've installed windows 7, I don't get their tech support, but while I had it, I utilized it as much as I could, but again, to no avail.

I made sure that my graphics card is the slot #1, made sure my ram chips are color coordinated (slots 2 and 4, just saw what it said to do in the V-Pro manual book), attempted to create as much ventilation in my case by moving wires and etc. Dusted everything out. I've tried using registry cleaners, including iObit, CCleaner, and Free Registry Cleaner that was recommended by cnet. But I've done clean installations since, because I recently read in forums that registry cleaners are a huge gimmicky gizmo.
I had my computer freeze on me once recently, but since another clean installation (Which I did earlier today), I haven't had one since.

I have a Razer Blackwidow and Deathadder and made sure the drivers and firmware were all up to date.

When viewing BlueScreenViewer, I noticed that a lot of my blue screens had similar BCC codes that included
1a, a, and 50. BlueScreenViewer would show ntoskrnl.exe, with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_IN_NONPAGE_FAULT or something, IRSQ_Something, and maybe another one, but MEMORY _M, and PAGE_IN, seem to be the most prevalent.

I've tried using my computer with only one ram stick, and I've had continuous blue screens.

Yes, one of each.

I can't think of any more things that I could include in this, but
I'm hoping that I can get some more advice before I just rip my hair out and gouge my eyes, and take my computer to either to the University IT technicians (I think graduate students and some adults work in there, I don't know, I'll have to visit it tomorrow) or take it to Frys. But I've already paid $140 for the local technician, and all this money coming out of my pocket for this brand new computer is just making me want to already lodge something through my skull. I'm very sorry for including this ranting section, but I just want to express any form of gratitude for anyone out there that's willing to give me an answer that will finally bring an end to this catastrophe so that I may finally enjoy my computer without any issues to even remotely worry about. I'm on the edge every time I use this thing.. lol

Well, until tomorrow's checkup,
Night. ^^"

Edit: I want to include that my local technician whom charged me $140 stated that my motherboard is very sensitive and that it can't handle anything above 8GB, and that it's a marketing scam when stated that my Mobo can handle up to 32Gb. He also stated that I shouldn't touch anything in the device managers because the drivers he installed were fragile. I probably got scammed, but he gave me time to send pictures of blue screens. Right as soon as I got it back, a couple hours after just browsing through the internet (this occured a month ago?) I sent him blue screen pictures and he stated that they were nothing to worry about. I think he's full of.. well, I haven't been on this forum for very long, so I don't know if we're allowed to cuss, I wouldn't want my thread to get deleted.. fmoewakf.. god.. that would suck.. but anywho, it is what it is I guess..

More about : constant bsods

a c 136 B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2012 7:06:53 AM

RAM voltage?

m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2012 7:56:43 AM

it may be that your running the ram faster than it rated or there a timing issue between the ram you have and the mb.
i would download cpu-z and read the jdec of the rams. write down the settings for the slowest speed and the xmp profile.
go into the bios under ram and check that the mb has read the xmp profile. if it has try bumping up the ram voltage to 1.6 if the bsod slow down bump it up a little more and see if it stops. if they dont with a voltage bump try putting in the slowest ram speed settings and see if the bsod change. also look at your mb online ram guild and see if that ram is on it. if not try calling the ram vendor and see if you can rma your ram for one that on that list. if i was your tech guy I would have used a stick of ram that was on the ram guild list to see if it was a ram issue.
m
l
Related resources
April 18, 2012 6:27:08 PM

Outlander_04 said:
RAM voltage?

My voltage is set at 1.5V
m
l
April 18, 2012 6:33:16 PM

smorizio said:
it may be that your running the ram faster than it rated or there a timing issue between the ram you have and the mb.
i would download cpu-z and read the jdec of the rams. write down the settings for the slowest speed and the xmp profile.
go into the bios under ram and check that the mb has read the xmp profile. if it has try bumping up the ram voltage to 1.6 if the bsod slow down bump it up a little more and see if it stops. if they dont with a voltage bump try putting in the slowest ram speed settings and see if the bsod change. also look at your mb online ram guild and see if that ram is on it. if not try calling the ram vendor and see if you can rma your ram for one that on that list. if i was your tech guy I would have used a stick of ram that was on the ram guild list to see if it was a ram issue.

Whenever I didn't use the XMP profile, which was set at 1333mhz and something less than 9-9-9-24, my computer would constantly freeze up at random times.
Since bumping up my memory to the XMP profile's settings, I haven't had those random freezes occur. Albeit, I did have one freeze yesterday, I also had other issues that may have led up to that. I don't know.
As for the ram voltage, I see all the stats on the sticker of the memory itself, and i'm not so sure I want to bump it up to 1.6.
I looked through my Mobo manual and saw that my ram is one of the recommended rams for my mobo.
I have the Asus z68 V-PRO
and i'm running on two CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 made by Corsair.
I did as you asked and checked under the utilities section under my bios, and saw that my xmp profile is implemented correctly. 9-9-9-24, at 2T, 1.5V on 1600Mhz
m
l
April 27, 2012 3:18:19 AM

I too am getting blue screens on my new Asus P8Z68-V LX mobo rig, (I5 2500K, coolermaster hyper 212) also using corsair dominator ram , when first built (last week) the system would not run at all with both banks 2x4gd in, I removed the second bank of ram and it booted up withought a hitch, but from the bios I could see that it was running at 1333 not 1600 mhz. Loaded windows /drivers and utilities , ran AI suite overclocking, then rebooted once more, chescked bois to find that now the ram was at 1600mhz. Turned off added 2nd bank ram and it then booted fine without a hitch. It has only blue screened twice on me so far, ran memtest today and showed no faults at all. I am wondering as I have now seen a few of these on various forums whether its the Asus mobo/Corsair ram incompatabilty?
m
l
!