Sign in with
Your question

Cooler for Bulldozer?!

Last response: in Components
July 31, 2012 11:59:30 AM

I have a Bulldozer FX-8150 and an ASUS Sabertooth, at the moment idle i get 37' and when using Prime95 i get temps of 76' Celsius. :pt1cable:  wut.

I'm confused about what cooler to get!
I can use AM3 coolers on an AM3+ board right?
Also what coolers would NOT interfere with the RAM, It doesnt matter about the height too much the case is spacious.

I was going to get http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arctic-Cooling-Freezer-Xtreme-C...

My budget is around £25~ and it needs to be from an Amazon source.

More about : cooler bulldozer

July 31, 2012 12:15:12 PM

A closed loop CPU water cooler like the Corsair H80 wouldn't interfere with the ram slots, its a bit pricey though. The Freezer 64 pro (sold on overclockers) turned the right way won't interfere as long as you don't have huge heatsinks on the ram sticks.
Related resources
July 31, 2012 12:46:14 PM

Yikes a beefy looking heatsink, having said that I've just built my mate an FX 8150 and can see the immediate need to replace the stock combo...barely adequate and horrendously noisy:( 

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see what comes up. I have an old Artic Cooler Freezer 64 kicking around, might try it to see if it is any better, sure as hell will be quieter!

Hyper 12 + and Evo gets some reasonable reviews too, though I don't like the height and weight on this one either.
July 31, 2012 7:53:08 PM

Thanks for all your help guys,
I've decided to go for the Tranquillo, however I will take the leap and try watercooling next time!
!