Feb 5, 2012

yes that is 6870 here we are talking about 6950

Daro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

okay i stay with the gtx

sunnk

Distinguished
good dicision both are good gpus its all up to you which ever you choose there is no problems that i can say about gpus well goodluck with gtx 560ti overclock it and be happy with great performance.

Daro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

gtx because i only play at 1440x900 so the other cards are not for me right?

sunnk

Distinguished
for that resolution you can play all the games with maxed settings with 4xaa with that gtx 560ti no need to go for any another card this card is good and even handle games at 1080p with some aa or none with max settings.

Daro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

Thanks !!!

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Bad logic in this thread.

1) The GTX 560 ti is a little less expensive but also a little less powerful.
2) Factor in the usual driver arguments regarding amd's drivers having a reputation for being less good (doubly so for crossfire/sli)
3) "I play at low res, so both are overkill, so card a is better" isn't a good argument unless you're saying card a costs less and is less wasted performance than card b. If that is the case then another, cheaper card that still maxes performance at your low res would be even better (perhaps a 560 non-ti or a 6870).

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'm VERY happy with my 6950 2GB model - it just works. But if you're going to play newer nfs games (world excluded) or other intentionally crippled games you'll need the less well performing nvidia card.

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010

Sunnk did mention it. Also, there are no guarantees that a particular model of 6950 2gb (or specific units of that model) will flash. I'd suggest that users that aren't comfortable enough selecting a Graphics Card on their own are going to be comfortable flashing their BIOS. It's not an incredibly technical process, but there's some pucker factor and inexperienced enthusiasts may shy away. Not exactly a cut and dry situation.

Dogsnake

Distinguished
I did flash my 6950 and it is a great card. Never had any problems with ATI/AMD drivers since my 9800 days. Just to set the record straight for the 100th time. A flashed 6950 with increased shader count is not the same as a 6970. It falls between in performance. There are other differences in the two cards. My advice here is if you want better performance than the 6950 get the 6970. The cost difference spent today is pennies when factored out over the life of the card. I flashed because I wanted to try it and was fortunate not to have problems. There are many recent threads from users who have bricked recently bought 2g versions. There seems to be about a $70 US difference in a 6950/6970. Back on topic either card is a great performer. In this comparison they are tied in my opinion. I would buy the one I got the best deal on and with the best warranty. If you can find the extra cash then it is a no brainier for me..get a 6970.