4 Best Answers tonight,

but, no changes are showing to my points or the number of Best Answers in the various categories. One of those should have resulted in a silver badge in one category. I guess this is why I stopped regular visits here a while back.

I know the points and badges will not buy a cup of coffee, but I do like helping people, and I like seeing posts by other frequent posters. I also get enjoyment from the challenge of reading the problems, determining the best options, and writing a coherent, understandable reply that the OP uses to solve his/her problem.

Alright, I'm done whining now; time to get some cheese.

randomizer

Champion
Firstly, double-check that you are sticking to either the US or UK sites. No all badges get applied to both when gained. Secondly, the system doesn't always update straight away. In fact sometimes it doesn't update for ages.

randomizer: You changed your picture!

I have an American flag in the top, right hand corner of the Forums page. I know it's slow to update the Badges, but I've been sitting on 33 Best Answers for WinXP for months, even though I know I am over 50. And I have been ranking in the top ten for XP for a couple of months. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, what happened to the cat?

I've had this similar issue, but it got resolved for me within a few days. It takes a while for the system to update.
Oh, and I had a lieutenant badge that I got a few months back. But it didn't show up in the general forum. Instead, I found it at Tom's Guide.

The BA system has flaws. Sometimes it stops updating, and there are some lost. However, some also get credited to the wrong mirror, or to TG. It's likely a combination of these.

Thanks for all your replies. I've observed that on some days points and Best Answers get credited immediately, but on other days they may or may not show for a long time. It seems random, but it is the same software, so it is difficult to determine the reason(s). I can understand that a lot of activity - new threads, comments, answers, or lots of registered users on-line, or just a lot of traffic can impede the software's responsiveness.

OK, we've probably beaten this to death - Thank you again.