Internet download speed very low.

G

Hello, I signed up for a 384 Kbps adsl like but when I download something I get a speed of 40 kbps!? please help

varun706

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Hello, I signed up for a 384 Kbps adsl like but when I download something I get a speed of 40 kbps!? please help

PLS DO NOT CONFUSE KB/S FOR kbps OK. Your internet speed is 384 kbps, so when you download stuff to your computer your download speed should be 48KB/S
(48 KILOBYTES PER SECOND) download speed means your internet speed divided by 8 i.e. 384kbps divided by 8 equals 48 KB/S. So, you are roughly getting the download speed for what you are paying for. just in case check the download speed while downloading files that the speed is given using KB/s.

As Varun mentioned is it 48K bytes or 48K bits download speed that you are getting ?? a byte (B) is 8 bits (b) so there is a difference ! either way a 384Kbps speed is a pretty slow speed connection !

compuetrkaka

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
It depend on what you downloading ,you can use the latest browser ,Virus software and use malware protection etc.For uploading and Downloading you can use the Torrent software...You can call your isp for help ..You can check the internet speed at www.scanmyspeed.com