Hi all,
Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
Thanks

If XP Pro, use Group Policy.

User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

Policy: Disable the new simple Start Menu
menu.
Registry Value: "NoSimpleStartMenu"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
of 0 is disabled.
===

Or an automated edit here >>>

Read the instructions at the top
Scroll down to:
167. Force Classic Start Menu

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:KF9ld.89761$R05.6647@attbi_s53,
Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi all,
> Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
> Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
> Thanks

curt

Are you saying the classic menu will not stick? If so, it's probably a
registry problem and someone will provide a fix. But to change to classic,
go into the taskbar properties>start menu>choose classic.

Curt.

"Demus" <Me@somewhereelse.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
> Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
> Thanks

That'll do!!
Thanks a lot.

> If XP Pro, use Group Policy.
>
> User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
>
> Policy: Disable the new simple Start Menu
> Start
> menu.
> Registry Value: "NoSimpleStartMenu"
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
> The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a
> value
> of 0 is disabled.
> ===
>
> Or an automated edit here >>>
>
> Read the instructions at the top
> Scroll down to:
> 167. Force Classic Start Menu
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:KF9ld.89761$R05.6647@attbi_s53,
> Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Hi all,
>> Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
>> Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
>> Thanks

I love it when a plan comes together! Keep having fun! :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:z7bld.89947$R05.20019@attbi_s53,