Classic Start Menu

Hi all,
Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about classic start menu

    If XP Pro, use Group Policy.

    User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar

    Policy: Disable the new simple Start Menu
    menu.
    Registry Value: "NoSimpleStartMenu"

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
    The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a value
    of 0 is disabled.
    ===

    Or an automated edit here >>>

    Read the instructions at the top
    Scroll down to:
    167. Force Classic Start Menu

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:KF9ld.89761$R05.6647@attbi_s53,
    Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi all,
    > Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
    > Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
    > Thanks

    Are you saying the classic menu will not stick? If so, it's probably a
    registry problem and someone will provide a fix. But to change to classic,
    go into the taskbar properties>start menu>choose classic.

    Curt.

    "Demus" <Me@somewhereelse.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
    > Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
    > Thanks

    That'll do!!
    Thanks a lot.

    > If XP Pro, use Group Policy.
    >
    > User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and Taskbar
    >
    > Policy: Disable the new simple Start Menu
    > Start
    > menu.
    > Registry Value: "NoSimpleStartMenu"
    >
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
    > The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and a
    > value
    > of 0 is disabled.
    > ===
    >
    > Or an automated edit here >>>
    >
    > Read the instructions at the top
    > Scroll down to:
    > 167. Force Classic Start Menu
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    > Wes
    >
    > In news:KF9ld.89761$R05.6647@attbi_s53,
    > Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Hi all,
    >> Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
    >> Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
    >> Thanks

    I love it when a plan comes together! Keep having fun! :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:z7bld.89947$R05.20019@attbi_s53,
    Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
    > That'll do!!
    > Thanks a lot.

    >> If XP Pro, use Group Policy.
    >>
    >> User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Start Menu and
    >> Taskbar
    >>
    >> Policy: Disable the new simple Start Menu
    >> classic Start
    >> menu.
    >> Registry Value: "NoSimpleStartMenu"

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explore
    >> The registry entries are DWORD values. A value of 1 is enabled, and
    >> a value
    >> of 0 is disabled.
    >> ===
    >>
    >> Or an automated edit here >>>
    >>
    >> Read the instructions at the top
    >> Scroll down to:
    >> 167. Force Classic Start Menu
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >> Wes
    >>
    >> In news:KF9ld.89761$R05.6647@attbi_s53,
    >> Demus <Me@somewhereelse.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi all,
    >>> Any way to force Windows XP SP2 to use the classic start menu??
    >>> Maybe remove the "XP" start menu option or grey it out??
    >>> Thanks

Configuration Start Menu Classic Microsoft Customization Windows XP