Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Are this setthings stable/good?!

Last response: in CPUs
Share
July 31, 2012 2:11:25 PM

BIOs setup info:

CPU Temperature: 48/49/51ºC idle
Vcore Voltage: 1.288v
3.3v VOltage: 3.328v
5v Voltage: 5.171v
12v Voltage: 12.144v

FSB Speed: 1066MHz
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Intel Speedstep Tech: Disabled

I already exchanged my cpu fan,applied new TIM but the temps on IDLE are 49/50 and on full 70s (during virus scan is 80s)

The Power Supply n CPU fan are not making big noises and i dont feel really hot air coming from the case,not as the temps revealed!

My cpu is a Core 2 Quad q6600 GO (stockspeed)
CPU Cooler (stock too)

More about : setthings stable good

a b à CPUs
July 31, 2012 3:59:34 PM

You don't check temps in bios, bios temps are always hotter.

Download Hardware Monitor for cpu temps.

A viruscan is not how you test max temps, you use a program like Intel Burn Test, but be careful, if you hitting 80's on a virus scan, your going to hit 100 on Burn test.

If HW Monitor is telling you your temps are that high, you need some better cooling.
July 31, 2012 4:09:48 PM

geekapproved said:
You don't check temps in bios, bios temps are always hotter.

Download Hardware Monitor for cpu temps.

A viruscan is not how you test max temps, you use a program like Intel Burn Test, but be careful, if you hitting 80's on a virus scan, your going to hit 100 on Burn test.

If HW Monitor is telling you your temps are that high, you need some better cooling.


I already came here asking 4 help with this CPU because of the temps...
I didn't had this issue with my previous CPU (core 2 duo e4600)
Last Heatsink had a broken push pin... so,i bought a new one to see if the issue with temps was about the broken push pin,but they're the same temps...

Softwares used:
SpeedFan: (showed 100+) a soft bug perhaps!
RealTemp and CoreTemp: 49/50ºC Idle - 70 Full (CPU on BIOs Setup have the same temps as these two on idle)
AIDA64/HWINFO32: These two are the only ones to show 40ºC Idle and 50/60s on Full...

Don't know who's right!

(Prime95: started throttling after 2/3mins and reached to 90s)
a b à CPUs
July 31, 2012 5:14:09 PM

That's why I recommended a different program, but obviously your not going to try it.

You need an after market fan, and/or case cooling.
July 31, 2012 5:18:31 PM

geekapproved said:
That's why I recommended a different program, but obviously your not going to try it.

You need an after market fan, and/or case cooling.


I tried at a few mins ago the IntelBurnTest soft...
Standard level... CPU reached to 97ºC...
But the test said my cpu was stable! (a bit kamikaze i know) ...
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2012 3:09:42 PM

Hardware monitor is what i recommended, but its obvious either your heatsink is not attached correctly or you need a better cooler.

Do not let your cpu hit 90c or you will fry it.
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2012 7:14:25 PM

i had a q6700 oc'd to 3.2ghz and it never went over 62c even under prime95
August 1, 2012 9:12:08 PM

geekapproved said:
i had a q6700 oc'd to 3.2ghz and it never went over 62c even under prime95


I dont know either why i have this temps too...
All 4 push pins are correctly plugged on the motherboard...
Thermal paste checked too...
I left the CPU on "performance mode" on BIOs setup too,but nothing changed!
I dont have dust inside the case or on the heatsink (is a new heatsink so!)
My CPU case is older (2004) and dont have additional fans like new CPU cases... And here on my place the ambient temperature are a bit hot... around 18ºC n 25ºC... The ambient temps plus a older CPU case and a heatsink identical to the intel stock ones,can contribute to this.... dont?! Oh,and my BIOs is older too. Is from 2010. But a friend told me that BIOs dont need to be upgraded,just as a last option...


!