AT & T credit inquiry fraud

GetItStraight

Honorable
Feb 19, 2012
Hello,
Yes they do run credit checks on people without them ever setting foot in an AT & T office. So now I am getting collection notices from a collection agency supposedly representing AT & T. So, how did someone purchase a phone, and ring up $2,300 in my name, when I Can't even get credit myself. Now, I am being harassed by the collection agency of which I have never even heard of. Btw : I have Never had an account with AT & T. And AT & T refused to sent me a copy of the bill that was rung up by this fraudster. So how do I get a copy of this ? AT & T told me they would send it to the "Billing" address,not to my address of which the collection notice was sent. This is very complicated. Obviously the thief used a fictitious address in purchasing this item.

It's quite easy... Write the collection company back with only a single message.. "I dispute this bill" and you'll never hear from them again. Include their reference number in your reply. They do not necessarily want you. They use name list and try to collect from as many people with the same name as possible, hoping for the best.

Don't be dismayed if yet another company sends you a new notice in a few months, just do the same again.