Cell phone data ?

Last response: in Brands
April 23, 2004 8:15:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular-phone-tech,comp.lang.basic.visual (More info?)

Can someone tell us what commands to use to get last numbers called, last
calls received, etc. from Motorola or Nokia cell phones, via the data port
at the bottom of the phone, using AT commands? We are reading and writing
names and numbers with our program (VB and C#), and getting other info about
the cell phone(s), but cannot get the commands in the GSM specs to work for
these other data fields. TIA, Paul

More about : cell phone data

Anonymous
April 24, 2004 11:12:04 AM

"Paul H" wrote:

> Can someone tell us what commands to use to get last numbers
> called, last calls received, etc. from Motorola or Nokia cell
> phones, via the data port at the bottom of the phone, using AT
> commands? We are reading and writing names and numbers with
> our program (VB and C#), and getting other info about the cell
> phone(s), but cannot get the commands in the GSM specs to work
> for these other data fields. TIA, Paul

Does the "Select phonebook memory storage" command, "AT+CPBS",
give you this functionality on these phones? If it does, that's
the simplest way.

To check, use the "query supported values" syntax of the command:

AT+CPBS=?

The appearance of values like "MC", "RC", "DC" or "LD" means
you're on the right track.

John
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:41:39 AM

==================================
Does the "Select phonebook memory storage" command, "AT+CPBS",
give you this functionality on these phones? If it does, that's
the simplest way.

To check, use the "query supported values" syntax of the command:

AT+CPBS=?

The appearance of values like "MC", "RC", "DC" or "LD" means
you're on the right track.

John
==================================
John,

if at+cpbs=? returns a "MC" how do you then list the missed calls?

at+cpbs="MC" ?

or what? We cannot get it to work.

Paul
April 26, 2004 4:11:15 PM

"Paul H" wrote:

> if at+cpbs=? returns a "MC" how do you then list the missed
> calls?

Have a look at an Nokia "AT Command Set" manual. I found one
on-line at http://gsm.net.ua/ATNOKIA.pdf.

Use

AT+CPBS="MC"

to select the "missed calls" phonebook. Then you can use

AT+CPBS?

(note the absence of the "=" before the "?" in this form of the
command) to see if there are any entries in it. It might return

+CPBS: "MC",1,10

for instance. This indicates that the selected phonebook is
"MC', and that the book contains 1 entry of a possible 10.

Then use

AT+CPBR=1

to read off that entry (entry number 1).

GSM standard 07.07 is a very good source of these commands. You
can download a free copy after registering at
http://www.etsi.org/services_products/freestandard/home....
Search for "07.07" and pick a recent version from the list.

John
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:02:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular,alt.cellular.nokia,alt.cellular-phone-tech,comp.lang.basic.visual (More info?)

Thank you, John. That got us past that problem. And a better GSM reference
than we had been using.
Paul

!