UPS battery question

rageofthepeon

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I currently live on university family housing and receive power 'flickers' maybe 2-3 times a week. Ones that I notice anyways. I like to leave my computer on sleep mode with the hard drives on (2x ssd & 2x hdd) rather than wearing out the power button on the case. I'm thinking of buying a UPS, leaning towards CyberPower CP1500AVRLCD, but had a question regarding batteries.

Do they recharge by themselves until the battery naturally wears out or do I have to buy battery replacements? Thanks in advance!

Solution
You would need about 500W for computer + monitor + bit of headroom if power goes out while gaming, which translates into a ~800VA rating for the UPS.

InvalidError

Titan

Most UPSes use gel or AGM lead-acid batteries which they slow/trickle-charge between power events until batteries need replacement due to degradation of their electrodes. The replacement period is 3-6 years depending on operating environment, quality, usage, etc.

rageofthepeon

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Hey, thanks for the reply. One more question before I close it out. What wattage do you recommend I get for my current specs?

HAF-X
2x 256GB Samsung 830
500gb WD Black
2tb SeaGate Barracuda
Sapphire Radeon 7970
Intel 3770k
Gigabyte z77 UD5H-WB
1050w SeaSonic Gold
8gb DDR3

TRENDING THREADS