Sign in with
Your question

I'm looking for the best ATI gaming card compatable with an Asus P5W DH Deluxe m

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Gaming
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2012 6:20:09 PM

Hello,
I'd like to get a 1GB memory card compatable with my MB. I have a couple of games; COD WOW & Far Cry 2 that won't play because my card doesn't have shader model 3. and or other reasons also.

More about : ati gaming card compatable asus p5w deluxe

a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 6:23:12 PM

What are your complete system specifications (RAM, CPU, Power Supply)? As well as your budget for your new video card?
m
l
February 10, 2012 6:54:20 PM

Ram 2Gb, 3.60 GHz. Cpu, PS 600W. I'm trying to figure out if i'm limited to older games with the mother board I have and I'm using win XP? so I'm not sure what I will spend.
m
l
Related resources
February 10, 2012 6:58:16 PM

Chainzsaw said:
What are your complete system specifications (RAM, CPU, Power Supply)? As well as your budget for your new video card?

Ram 2Gb, 3.60 GHz. Cpu, PS 600W. I'm trying to figure out if i'm limited to older games with the mother board I have and I'm using win XP? so I'm not sure what I will spend.
m
l
February 10, 2012 6:59:48 PM

m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 7:00:45 PM

You will definately have a bottleneck with that system with your CPU and RAM.

Are you planning a new build anytime soon? If not something like a GTX 560TI 1GB video card would be good:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

OR a radeon 6870 1GB

BOth are mid-rangeish video cards these days, and for what you have would be more than enough though.

BTW: You need windows 7 to fully take advantage of DX11 and 10 features. Your OS is limited to DX9. Considering your platform is old now - it might just be cheaper to upgrade to a new I5 1155 based system. Depends on if you plan on building a computer though or if you plan on keeping the one you have for a while.
m
l
a c 89 U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 7:03:51 PM

Definately up that ram if you are considering any upgrade before purchasing a new gpu.
If you can get it to at least 4GB.

Chainzsaw made good selections for you , either a 560ti or 6870 would be a great card to upgrade to.
m
l
February 10, 2012 7:06:57 PM

Chainzsaw said:

I've been thinking about a new build, but probably not soon. I figured if the card wasn't too much, that would be the way to go. Thanks for your help Chainzsaw!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 7:13:21 PM

No problem Bkozl.

You should probably look at getting an extra 2GB ram though. That will definately smooth out your gaming experience for what you have.

If you do get 2 more GB - make sure they are at least similar to the one you have.
m
l
February 10, 2012 7:34:35 PM

Chainzsaw said:
You will definately have a bottleneck with that system with your CPU and RAM.

Are you planning a new build anytime soon? If not something like a GTX 560TI 1GB video card would be good:

OR a radeon 6870 1GB

BOth are mid-rangeish video cards these days, and for what you have would be more than enough though.

BTW: You need windows 7 to fully take advantage of DX11 and 10 features. Your OS is limited to DX9. Considering your platform is old now - it might just be cheaper to upgrade to a new I5 1155 based system. Depends on if you plan on building a computer though or if you plan on keeping the one you have for a while.

Chainzsaw; I'm not sure what your saying, wWill I be able to play DX 10 games on the XP system? or do I definately need to Win 7 for the Radeon 6870 ?
m
l
February 10, 2012 7:40:15 PM

Chainzsaw; I'm not sure what your saying, wWill I be able to play DX 10 games on the XP system? or do I definately need to Win 7 for the Radeon 6870 ?

m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 7:43:05 PM

Bkozl said:

The radeon 6870 and the 560Ti will both work in your computer. However your games will only run in DX9 mode as XP doesn't support DX 10 or above (most games have the option for DX9 or DX10, and will default to the lowest one if you don't have the proper OS, which for you would be DX9). All you will be missing is some eye candy. You will still get the performance of the better GPU though.
m
l
February 10, 2012 7:51:15 PM

Chainzsaw said:
The radeon 6870 and the 560Ti will both work in your computer. However your games will only run in DX9 mode as XP doesn't support DX 10 or above (most games have the option for DX9 or DX10, and will default to the lowest one if you don't have the proper OS, which for you would be DX9). All you will be missing is some eye candy. You will still get the performance of the better GPU though.

Ok, I'm Clear now! I really appreciate your help. I'll be checking into boosting my RAM too. Thanks, Bkozl
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 7:54:58 PM

All the best.
m
l
!