Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade Graphics Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2012 6:32:36 PM

I'm looking for the best ATI gaming card compatable with an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard. I have a P4 3.60 GHz. processor,32bit. 2 GB Ram. I'd like to get a 1GB memory card compatable with my MB. I have a couple of games; COD W@W & Far Cry 2 that won't play because my card doesn't have shader model 3. and or other reasons also.

More about : upgrade graphics card

a c 106 U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 8:00:37 PM

o_o what PSU do you have?
a c 106 U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 8:06:31 PM

Also what's you're budget? Since it's a PCI-E board with the Intel 975X you should be able to use any card, ati or nVidia. If you want to take advantage of crossfire support though that would be a bit silly with that old CPU. Anyway, I'd say go with a 6770

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

You could also go with a 6850 if you plan to upgrade soon. Really though it's a bit silly to go with anything more powerful for that system. I recommend you get a 4GB dual channel kit (2x2GB) and get a core 2 duo off ebay or something if you plan to keep that thing for a while. You could also overclock that P4 but of course you need a good tower cooler because they generate alot of heat.
a c 92 U Graphics card
February 10, 2012 8:06:56 PM

you should really consider upgrading your cpu as even the weakest cards will be bottlenecked by that cpu.

The 6450 would be the most powerful card you need with a p4 since your cpu will not be able to keep up with faster card thus gaining no performance.
!