Sign in with
Your question

HELP Palit 7600 GT PCI-E 256 DDR3 scrambled screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2012 6:52:59 PM

Hi All. ive got a bio-star mobo mcp6p m2+ ver 6.1 with onboard nvidia Geforce 6150SE Nforce 430. and ive recently acquired a Palit 7600GT pci-e card solely for the purpose of playing certain microsoft released games as i DO NOT want a xbox 360, The problem im running into is, that when i install the 7600GT and i attach the monitor cable after boot up, the screen is all garbled.
I can see the loading screen in the background but its very faint, ive tried updating drivers but to no avail,
My complete spec is

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processer 5200+ 2.7ghz
2 GiG RAM DDR2
Windows Vista Home Basic SP2
Bio-star MCP6P M2+ ver 6.1
160GIG master HDD
2 X 200GIG Slaves
Plextor PX 712A dvd rw drive
On Board graphics Geforce 6150SE N Force 430

Any help in solving this issue would be very much appreciated as ive just got Fable III and am really looking forward to playing this, but i cannot play a game at 3-4fps, ive already set all display options on the game to minimum.
February 10, 2012 8:04:32 PM

Most of the time this is an issue with the card being seated incorectly or it is just a bad card. Also why the 7600GT this is a very old and not a good gaming card at all I had this card literally 7 years ago. You need to get a better card to game.

Thent
February 10, 2012 8:12:41 PM

what card would you recommend i get, cheapest price? I got this card from ebay and the seller has said he tried and tested it before he sent it and all was well, could there be a issue with the psu not being strong enough as im running a 250w psu?
Related resources
February 10, 2012 8:39:06 PM

I doubt that card will run on a 250w PSU.
February 10, 2012 8:50:19 PM

ur psu is underpowered not to mention its probably not capable of putting out 250w at the right voltages. u need plenty of amps on 12 rail in modern systems where as alot of older psu have the amps spread on all the useless rails (the lower voltage ones) the geforce 6 and 7 series all had a habit of dying, alot of them that were regularly used have died by now already get a new psu and every vid card over 50 buck will go better than the 7600gt
February 10, 2012 10:18:45 PM

i am currently awaiting a 500w PSU to arrive, im also debating to buy a motherboard bundle from ebay.co.uk as im thinking of replacing everything bar hdd and dvd drives and New PSU, Has any body got any suggestions on which one to look for, possibly with better built in graphics, so i can play my games until i can afford to get a brand new gfx card>
February 11, 2012 11:55:38 PM

moneymike2802 said:
i am currently awaiting a 500w PSU to arrive, im also debating to buy a motherboard bundle from ebay.co.uk as im thinking of replacing everything bar hdd and dvd drives and New PSU, Has any body got any suggestions on which one to look for, possibly with better built in graphics, so i can play my games until i can afford to get a brand new gfx card>

i wouldnt waste my time with onboard gfx its worse than your 7600gt more than likely unless u get one of those amd liano apu's but then ur getting a weak cpu, and its cheaper to replace just the gpu than have to replace the gpu and cpu because you compromised on both. i wouldnt buy anything bundled either, buy seperate components
p.s its a bit hard to make component suggestions without a budget too, all i would say is go intel for your cpu, but there weakness is poor onboard gpu but if your even half serious about ur games using onboard gpu wouldnt even be a consideration as external gfx is the only way to go unless you like your new games to look 5 year old games cos you killed all the quality and resolution just so u can run it on your onboard video
!