CPU Heating Issues

gso10

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
Hello. I've been having problems with my PC rig for a while now, and me and my friends have tried several different solutions and it's gotten me no where and terribly frustrated. I'm almost to the point where I just want to sell it all and wash my hands clean of this expensive mess.

At first I noticed my CPU was heating up a tremendous amount (65 degrees celsius I believe). It was shutting down my entire PC it was getting so hot. I've recently put a cooler master hyper 212 on it to help alleviate the heating issues. Once I took care of the CPU's heat problem I noticed my GPU was getting pretty hot as well and went on to post a thread here:
( http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/341248-28-heating-issues-flow-problems ).

One thing I never noticed until recently was my GPU was always at 99% load when playing games it seemed. Last night my monitor got lines across that I usually associate with GPU failure while attempting to watch a video my friend linked me. It crashed my PC and I went into looking into the issue. I re-attempted to load the video to see if that was indeed the problem and it happened again and now my PC won't even boot and I can't get into BIOS.

I had my friend bring down his GPU today to switch out to see if it was the card and no luck. One thing we noticed is when my card is in it the DRAM MemOK! light stays solid red and with his card in it only blinks red.

In short, one of my friends said maybe the reason why my CPU was so hot is the cause to all of this so I decided to post here as well.

Specs:
Case: Coolermaster RAF 942 (with 1 rear 120 mm fan and 120mm fan on top installed I believe)
PSU: Coolermaster 1000w RSA00-AMBAJ3-US
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T w/ a Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink
GPU: Radeon HD 6870 1gb
RAM: 4x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance (Model Number: CMZ8Gx3m2a1600c9)
Mobo: Asus Xtreme Design M4A89GTD
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX
Hard Drives:
60GB Kingston KINGSTON SV100S264G ATA Device (SSD)
932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 ATA Device (SATA)
1397GB Western Digital WDC WD15EARS-22MVWB0 ATA Device (SATA)
932GB Western Digital WDC WD10EACS-22ZJB0 ATA Device (SATA)

I should mention I first started noticing problems almost a year ago I feel like, and then I added additional HDDs and the SDD and did a re-install of Win7 and the problems I feel became worse? I don't know I'm not very good at tech support but will attempt to answer any questions you all have to the best of my abilities. I just want to get my PC running to full power and maximum efficiency otherwise I have wasted a load of money.

edit: I apologize if this is the wrong forum, if so would a mod move it to the appropriate thread?

65 degrees on the cpu is not particularly hot. Lines on the display are a sign of video driver or card corruption. Not booting in this case leads me to believe that your cmos somehow got corrupted. Try resetting the cmos.

gso10

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012
After putting his vid card in and not getting it to boot with his in, we decided to switch mine back in so he could get ready to leave. We put mine back in and attempted to boot and it booted, but I still fail to believe that everything is fine and dandy with my PC. Especially since my GPU load is so high. (I have a a single dissipation card and he has DD both 6870s 1g ram, and TF2 runs at 99% for me and barely breaks 80% for him.) But we started booting up various games and such to test it after it booted. We loaded TF2 and it froze up so we restarted and it booted up again, this time a couple different error messages popped up -
WerFault.exe - Application Error
The exception Single Step
A single step or trace operation has just been completed.

(0x80000004) occurred in the application at Location 0x650671ab.

(I hit 'OK' and this message popped up again followed by)

ccSvcHst.exe
The instruction at 0x0000001 referenced memory at 0x0000001 the memory could not be written. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Clicked OK and now none of the game servers are appearing.