1st time builder looking for help

Lesleys

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Hi guys!

I am looking for advice and my brother said that this is the best place to find it! I don't really know much about computers, but I can be a quick study. I also don't want to have to walk into a Best Buy, seem like a lost girl, and walk out with something I am not looking for. I want have a greater understanding of computers and I really think that I can build one. I am starting out with absolutely nothing - all I have is a 4 year old laptop.

I am looking for a computer that I can play Diablo 3 on at the highest settings possible. I'd like to be able to use this computer as a gaming computer for at least a couple of years. Also, I think it would be pretty cool if I could hook my tv up to the computer once and a while too, but that is not a requirement.

Here is the rub: my budget is around $500.00. I know that saying I have a tight budget for what I am looking for is a euphemism. I think that it's more of a joke really. Do you think that it is even possible to build a nice gaming computer (starting out with nothing) for that kind of money? Just buying a monitor and windows takes a huge chunk out right there. How much do you think I would have to spend to play Diablo 3 on ultimate?

Thanks for your time!

Lesleys

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Sorry, didn't see the how to on posting for this kind of stuff.

Approximate Purchase Date: end of april to beginning of may

Budget Range: around $500 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies, surfing internet

Parts Not Required: I have a crappy mouse and keyboard - I think I want to get new ones anyway

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I don't care

Parts Preferences: I don't care

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: I don't know what this means

Monitor Resolution: um, something good?

Additional Comments: I just want something that will make Diablo 3 look really good and will last for a while before having to upgrade again

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
CPU: i3-2125 @Microcenter $119.99 + tax
GPU: EVGA GTX550 Ti @ Newegg $114.99 after rebate free shipping
Motherboard: Asrock H67M GE B3 @ Amazon $85.59 free shipping
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333 MHz @ Amazon $22.99 free shipping eligible
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250 GB @ Newegg $69.99 free shipping
Optical Storage: Any DVD burner under around $20
PSU: Cooler Master Elite 460W @ Amazon $34.99 free shipping
Case: Antec Three Hundred @ Newegg $49.99 after rebate

You can search for more stores around those parts to find better deal. One thing you should note is that this configuration is hard to upgrade without substantial replacement, if you want to do so in the future.