Desktop appears, music plays but not all my programs get r..

mark

This is my signature my name is Mark.

Desktop appears, the startup music plays but not all my programs get running
fast enough.

Can I change the startup sequence so that my programs are running before the
desktop appears and the startup music plays?

"Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

| --
| This is my signature my name is Mark.
|
| Desktop appears, the startup music plays but not all my programs get running
| fast enough.
|
| Can I change the startup sequence so that my programs are running before the
| desktop appears and the startup music plays?

Altering the sequence will not make it startup faster.

The signature goes *after* the message.

"This is my signature my name is " is redundant.

Try This: 1st Open "Sound Recorder". [START>My Programs>Entertainment>sound
recorder]
Click "Record" and let it record all 60 seconds. Save The file as
"Insert",(From sound recorder program),to C:\Windows\Media
Click: "File" (on sound recorder),then "Open",then "navigate to your
starting sound file. Click the file, click "Open". Now Click "Edit" (on
S.Rec.),then "Insert...".
Navigate to the Insert file you made. Click it, then "Open".
Test play the file. Should have 60 sec's of silence, then your music.
(Whole file should play). SAVE THIS FILE as whatever or overwrite the old
one.
Reboot.
Search For "BootVis" on the net, and download it. Install it. READ THE
instructions.
PRINT them if possible.
Run BootVis. Reboot at the Prompt. Wait...Wait..wait..wai.. Choose
"Optimize" (or something of the sort) from the Bootvis menu. Reboot. Wait
about a minute and it finishes.
Reboot. Get ready to time the Next reboot. Reboot and time until all
programs finish loading.
If this is under 60 seconds, rerecord your "Insert" file to proper timing +3
seconds and redo step 1,and save the revised file.

Luck,
Dan

"Mark" wrote:

> --
> This is my signature my name is Mark.
>
> Desktop appears, the startup music plays but not all my programs get running
> fast enough.
>
> Can I change the startup sequence so that my programs are running before the
> desktop appears and the startup music plays?

Forgot to say: Desktop will still appear first. If starting from computer
"Off",waiting at the "Welcome" screen before Logon will allow some programs
to start loading, it seems.

Dan