HELP Building a Computer

Charles_25

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
Asking for little assistance from the community for my build. I was just wondering if my computer compounds are right, they're all selected by me. Newegg videos helped me a alot. Thanks to them. Here is the list I was going to:

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS (I will try to overclock the cpu by using the OC button on the board, or maybe do it manually about 4.5 ghz if can support it.)

CPU: New Ivy Bridge i7 or i5 (Socket 1155) still not sure which one i should pick need help on this (I mostly gonna do extreme gaming and some, multitasking, Photoshop, Green-screening, video editing, etc.)

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CML8GX3M2A1600C9B (Total of 16gbs) Is this plenty enough for Photoshop, Green screening, and Video editing? (I need help on this)

SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) I'm thinking of using this as my boot drive. Is this more than enough for boot drive? I was thinking installing my OS (Win7), hardware's latest drives, and some programs such as CS5 and such.

2nd Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive. I'm think using this one as my storage hard drive. I also want to put some programs in here such as, Microsoft word, Winrar, Internet downloads, Anti Virus software, personal documents, and other basic programs available. Is it alright if I decide to install all these programs in my 2nd hard drive? Help please

Are these two hard drives will do good enough based for my needs?

GPU: EVGA 02G-P4-2680-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card (I decided to buy it after the built is done, since the CPU(Ivy bridge i7) has integrated graphics 4000 radeon series and also the motherboard has DVI, VGA, HDMI out puts. I'm planning to use HDMI for awhile because I won't have the money until I get the next mount pay check) Last question is there any new Graphics Cards out there to be released better than this one? I really want to know.

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler (I was going for the Corsair H100, but I decided not to because I read that the D14 is quite and a lot better for overclocking benefits than H100. Is this true at all? Please let me know. I also planning to water cooled the cpu and gpu after the built is completed, probably two mounts after the built. I just want a stable overclock on the air cooling for now.)

Power supply: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (I don't think I need a modular one this one should get the job done. Correct me if i'm wrong)

Case: Corsair Carbide Series 400R Graphite grey and black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Gaming Case (I don't really think I need a full tower case. Plus this thing has great cable management and good for the buck)

Case Fan upgrade: AeroCool Shark 120mm Blue Edition 120mm Blue LED Case Fan (I heard great reviews on this fan and the led light is blue! I also heard that fan itself is very quiet and moves alot of air flow. I'm planning to upgrade the case fans inside the Corsair 400r: rear and front fans will be replaced by it) Are the fans I selected good enough to move air inside and cool off some other components inside the case? I need help to decide.

Overall I just simply want a really good PC that can max out games. Also faster computer that can run Photoshop and such very smoothly. I'm not trying to be fancy about it I just need some help if this built is good enough for my needs.

Would you rate this built 8/10?

I built a computer before but not high end as this one. My budget is 1800 dollars max. So if there is any suggestion about the built, I would surely appreciate it. Thank You very Much. :) :) :)

adgjlsfhk

Honorable
Feb 21, 2012
Go with the I5-3750k or I7-2600k equivalent. (lowest I7 with overclocking)
You also only got 8 gigs of ram. 8 gigs is enough for any games but 16 gigs might help with video stuff.
Your ssd has enough space for windows 7 home premium and 30 gigs of other stuff.
If I were you I would get the 1 tb hard drive now, and a 2 tb hard drive when prices fall.