Windows 7 audio and video freeze every 30 seconds

shijimi

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Suddenly my audio and video started glitching about every 30 seconds, the video momentarily freezes and the audio buzzes. It is driving me nuts.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1750 and I am running Windows 7 Home edition. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

shijimi

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

Upon further investigation I have found that the whole computer briefly freezes every 30 seconds, not just the video. I rebooted in safe mode and it doesn't happen. Also, I restored to an earlier date and the freezing went away. Since that date I have made some changes to speed up the computer and there has been a windows update. The computer is much faster now and I am not sure which of the changes has made the glitch. Any ideas?

KlemenBr

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Hi, I had the same problem as you. I have HP EliteBook Workstation 8560w. Go to ControlPanel->PerformanceInformationAndTools->AdvancedTools->ViewPerformanceDetailsIn EventLog ... Choose EventViewer (Local) on the top of the tree and check for errors and warnings. Your problem causes the source with most errors/warnings in the column of last hour. I have 2000 warnings from same source and it was problem of HP Software Framework. I deleted the HP Power Assistant and everithing started working normal.

RodrigoBR

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012

:bounce: OMG! Dude, you just saved my life, really. I was looking for this ******* freezing problem for about 5 hours, I was almost freaking out here, and just about to go to sleep when you showed up talking about the HP Power Assistant. I really dunno whatahell happened, it wasnt giving me trouble before but maybe some automatic update happened and the HP Power Assistant was indeed the root of my problem. I can't express my thankfull for your comment, I was really considering taking my laptop to a technician, but you showed up and now I can sleep happy. :D

One question: are you brazilian?

bcmendis

Honorable
Oct 4, 2012

Hi I have the same problem with my ASUS N56VZ, I tried your method, there are a lot of errors I guess, and some of them involve system files i think, how exactly did you fix this? :(

eevirgen

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
I had the same issue with Win7 Ultimate 64bit and M-Audio Fast Track Sound Card. I was not sure about freeze with other components of the PC. I was just recognizing 1-2 sec freezes (in every 30 secs approximately) via the sound.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes. And it is solved. Please keep in mind.

GreeMy

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

GreeMy

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

So basically I have a Lenovo Win7 PC model (laptop) 64bit operating system dunno if you need any more info guys,just let me know. The thing is you can do anything and randomly everything just freezes and if there were any sounds (like music or anything) then the sound freezes along creating a really annoying buzz.... basically it freezes for about 2 ~ 2 and a half minutes. Dunno what happening,tried back up and restore, tried to find a constant problem in the Even viewer but couldn't... anyone could help me out?

Tom Allec

Reputable
Dec 19, 2014
The Solution :)
This problem happened to me after upgrading DFX Audio Enhancer to v11+ ... I have uninstalled it & re-installed my old v10+ back & the problem is gone.

Best of Luck
urs
Tom

wadodkar_123

Reputable
Feb 12, 2015
I have a Dell XPS 15 and faced similar issue where laptop would freeze for a split second and make a buzzing sound. This would repeat every 1 minute. The problem started after it installed Dell Support application. After I uninstalled that software, I never faced that issue again.

mesqherv

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015

mesqherv

Reputable
Feb 15, 2015
My Dell XPS 17 recently started having this issue. I noticed I installed a couple of Dell Support applications on 2/10/2015. I uninstalled both and it appears to have fixed the issue.

plodise

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015

Thank you.This problem was bothering me so much since I constantly listen to music and watch videos. I kept trying to find a soln through googling "computer keeps morphing" but had not avail until I tried distorting. Thanks again!

Alastair Borillo

Reputable
Feb 16, 2015

Hey I have the same problem and i did what you said and the error is under service control manager and I have no clue how to find it. Also under the information tab this source called NvStreamSvc has had 1800 alerts in 24 hours.

Knamloc

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

Thank you.