Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 audio and video freeze every 30 seconds

Last response: in Windows 7
January 16, 2012 4:54:26 PM

Suddenly my audio and video started glitching about every 30 seconds, the video momentarily freezes and the audio buzzes. It is driving me nuts.

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 1750 and I am running Windows 7 Home edition. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff
a b $ Windows 7
January 16, 2012 5:23:39 PM

Hi :) 

Have you run a virus scan ?

All the best Brett :) 
January 16, 2012 6:08:44 PM

Yes Brett, I scanned with AVG anti-virus and also did an anti-rootkit scan and the problem still persists...
Related resources
January 16, 2012 6:35:59 PM

What are you doing while the freezing occurs?

I had problems with Windows 7 having split second freezes whenever i had any type of network traffic.
January 22, 2012 11:39:08 PM

it freezes for about 1/2 second every 30 seconds. It really ruins the quality of a video or audio because the video momentarily freezes and the audio buzzes
February 6, 2012 5:35:53 AM

GnomeRogue said:
What are you doing while the freezing occurs?

I had problems with Windows 7 having split second freezes whenever i had any type of network traffic.

Upon further investigation I have found that the whole computer briefly freezes every 30 seconds, not just the video. I rebooted in safe mode and it doesn't happen. Also, I restored to an earlier date and the freezing went away. Since that date I have made some changes to speed up the computer and there has been a windows update. The computer is much faster now and I am not sure which of the changes has made the glitch. Any ideas?
May 17, 2012 7:51:15 PM

Hi, I had the same problem as you. I have HP EliteBook Workstation 8560w. Go to ControlPanel->PerformanceInformationAndTools->AdvancedTools->ViewPerformanceDetailsIn EventLog ... Choose EventViewer (Local) on the top of the tree and check for errors and warnings. Your problem causes the source with most errors/warnings in the column of last hour. I have 2000 warnings from same source and it was problem of HP Software Framework. I deleted the HP Power Assistant and everithing started working normal.
June 23, 2012 4:08:13 AM

KlemenBr said:
Hi, I had the same problem as you. I have HP EliteBook Workstation 8560w. Go to ControlPanel->PerformanceInformationAndTools->AdvancedTools->ViewPerformanceDetailsIn EventLog ... Choose EventViewer (Local) on the top of the tree and check for errors and warnings. Your problem causes the source with most errors/warnings in the column of last hour. I have 2000 warnings from same source and it was problem of HP Software Framework. I deleted the HP Power Assistant and everithing started working normal.

:bounce:  OMG! Dude, you just saved my life, really. I was looking for this ******* freezing problem for about 5 hours, I was almost freaking out here, and just about to go to sleep when you showed up talking about the HP Power Assistant. I really dunno whatahell happened, it wasnt giving me trouble before but maybe some automatic update happened and the HP Power Assistant was indeed the root of my problem. I can't express my thankfull for your comment, I was really considering taking my laptop to a technician, but you showed up and now I can sleep happy. :D 

One question: are you brazilian?
October 4, 2012 6:05:12 AM

KlemenBr said:

Hi I have the same problem with my ASUS N56VZ, I tried your method, there are a lot of errors I guess, and some of them involve system files i think, how exactly did you fix this? :( 
August 10, 2013 5:01:52 AM

I had the same issue with Win7 Ultimate 64bit and M-Audio Fast Track Sound Card. I was not sure about freeze with other components of the PC. I was just recognizing 1-2 sec freezes (in every 30 secs approximately) via the sound.

I uninstalled Malwarebytes. And it is solved. Please keep in mind.
!