Sign in with
Your question

Curious, how well does the i5 2500k game with the intergrate gpu?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2012 12:14:22 AM

How well does the 15 2500k game with the intergrated gpu?

What games can it play?
a c 262 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 12:24:55 AM

In the early reviews, the integrated graphics was compared to a $50 discrete gpu.

Probably not great for fast action games, but fine for HD movie playback, and other strategy games like civilization.

If you get a motherboard with a Z68 chipset, you can try it out and better assess if or what you should get for a discrete gaming card.
m
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 12:52:03 AM

I can tell you first hand none of the top games out there now. It just won't do it. Strategy game yes but if too much is going on it will lag and sometimes lag so bad that you would think it is frozen in time.

That happened in Medievl 2 total war game and some in Age of Empires. The onboard graphics is there to help you get up and going when buying your store bought PC right out of the box.

They were not meant for gaming like what we have today. Also depending on what your PC spec's are we can't give you games that will play on the onboard graphics. You will just have to find out for your self.

Most people don't try or they do and that is when they buy a new graphic card. I do think they do that so you will have to go out and buy one. My opinion only. I think this would be a good topic to talk about.
m
l
Related resources
February 11, 2012 1:46:45 AM

DM186 said:
I can tell you first hand none of the top games out there now. It just won't do it. Strategy game yes but if too much is going on it will lag and sometimes lag so bad that you would think it is frozen in time.

That happened in Medievl 2 total war game and some in Age of Empires. The onboard graphics is there to help you get up and going when buying your store bought PC right out of the box.

They were not meant for gaming like what we have today. Also depending on what your PC spec's are we can't give you games that will play on the onboard graphics. You will just have to find out for your self.

Most people don't try or they do and that is when they buy a new graphic card. I do think they do that so you will have to go out and buy one. My opinion only. I think this would be a good topic to talk about.

Thanks

I am not going to rely on the intergrated gpu just wondered how it does.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 2:04:43 AM

I was recently doing some Virtu tests and had a game start on the IGP(2600K, but its turbo is faster then the 2500k, no clue if it is on or not), so I let it go.

HL2 lost coast

1920 x 1200 - Model Detail/Texture/Shader/Shadow = High | Reflect World | Color Correction off | 2x MSAA | AF 8x | Vsync = off | HDR = Full

average 34.55 fps :) 

Then again the same thing with a 5870 was over 270.

For older games or with the details down, the IGP honestly surprised me.

When i get a chance, i will try some other games.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 3:03:00 AM

You might get 50 or 60 turns in Civ V but it and Shogun 2 become a real issue in these games after getting some gameplay in. I have a 2500K clocked to 4.2GHz and 460's SLI'ed and I can assure you, when you get a lot of units in those games the fans on my GPU's spin up and my CPU temp gets up there in temp as well. I have an I5 2400 as well and the Intel 2000 integrated graphics don't do very well in that either. Call of Duty WaW was pretty choppy playing solo and that's not a particularly rigorous game.
m
l
!