Hard Drive booting problems

1hammic1

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Hello,

Well, my problem is a bit complicated. It first happened three weeks ago. I Installed a Windows Live Messenger update onto my Acer Aspire One D250 netbook I bought in 2009. It crashed the very next day and would not boot up.
First it took me to a screen that said no boot device available. So I looked online for the answer because it is out of warranty and I don't have money to go to the store and get it fixed. They said that I should try and do a clean installation. So I made it a slave drive to a dell desktop that runs Windows Vista (my acer had windows 7). I got off as many files as I could but couldn't move some files because it said that there was a partition error. I then ran a virus scan of the Acer drive with Trend Micro Pro.
After that I reinstalled Windows 7 on the Acer drive, but because my aspire one does not have a CD/DVD drive, I hooked it up as the only harddrive in the desktop and used that CD drive. Then when I installed it I deleted the primary partition but not the smaller PQSERVICE one. The installation went fine and the harddrive works fine if in the dell as the master or slave.
But when I put it in the Acer it will only boot up to the Loading Windows screen, flash a Blue Screen OD too quickly for me to read and then immediately reboot. Then I tried a Memory Diagnostic Test and it didn't finish, but rebooted immediately. My question is could this be because of other hardware problems like the RAM or the motherboard? Could this be because I didn't delete all of the partitions on the harddrive when reinstalling Windows 7? Or do I just need to reinstall all of the drivers for the Acer? Any help would be great. Thank you

1hammic1

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

No I can't. Would this be the only way to do it?

hitechgowthaman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hay cool dont buy pendrive ,instal win7 in ur desktop at the time of restart at 100percent complete (before goto user acount screen) u shutdown system dont on, then remove hdd from desktop fit to lap then goto account screen in lap now al works fine

hitechgowthaman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
At the time of ( user acount screen some screen are flashing at that time win7 detected al hardwares ,so the screen are displayed in lap it detec al lap hardware without desktop , try this and choose best answer is this without buy pendrive