AMD-Phenom-II-x6-1045T

connor12312

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
Why can't I edit my messages? :(

Anyway, I could possibly squeeze in $100 for the motherboard and ram, if this isn't enough, please tell me a sufficient amount.

Honestly, if you don't ever plan to SLI (which I doubt you do, since you got a 7770), not really. I like 990X boards more personally, but a 970 board is ok for you, and Asus is a great brand, of course.

All the hardware will, yes.

I'm just trying to make sure that your case can use a full size ATX motherboard now. I found out that the current one is mATX, but I can find anything saying if a full size ATX board will work or not.

OK, just answered my own question. It's a SFF (Small form factor) system, so I doubt a normal full size ATX board will work.

This is the cheapest mATX board that fits what you need and is actually worth buying that I could find on SCAN.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asus-m5a88-m-amd-880g-s-am3plus-ddr3-sata-iii-6gb-s-raid-sata-pcie-20-%28x16%29-graphics-on-board-matx Asus M5A88-M AMD 880G AM3+ Motherboard

connor12312

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I suppose, the smaller the better, right?

I guess I'll just have to pay the rest.

Do you think I'll need any extra fans? Running the 7770 :eek:

More fans never hurt (if there's even a place for them in that case), but a 7770 doesn't really run all that hot. The CPU is the thing to worry about, but as long as you don't OC much (which you can easily do with the 965BE BTW), it'll be ok, too.

Edit: FAIL on my part. Of course there will be a place for extra fans in the case you picked out, AND you can use the original Asus 970 board I recommended in it too. I confused myself thinking that you were still using the Acer case.... :pfff:

You're welcome :) And the only way would have been if you opened this thread as a Question thread so you could select a Best Answer, but don't worry about it. It's all good. :D

connor12312

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012

Sorry about that, but you have my word of approval :)