Hyper 212 Temperature Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoomShotKapow

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
Alright, so I purchased myself one of the Hyper 212 heatsinks for my new AMD 8 core processor, so after I installed the heatsink I wanted to see what kind of temperatures I'm receiving from this upgrade.

For one, is about 24 C good at idle?

But what I was wondering is, when I go to check the temperature using a program such as Core Temp and CPUID Hardware Monitor, the temperature bounces around.

Such as, it'll start at 24 C, then go to 34 C, and back to like 27 C and then to 24 again and this continuously occurs over and over.

Is the push/pull method causing this problem? Because when I only had 1 fan installed, which was just pulling. It was just 1 number that'd change by 1-2 and decrease by 1-2.

Please let me know, I'm concerned there's something wrong with my computer.

Thanks,

BoomShotKapow

Solution

So, I actually decided to test different fan positions and what not.

I actually managed to fix my random spikes of temperatures.

It was due to the fan in the back of my case not actually pulling air and pushing it outside of the case. It was instead doing the reverse effect of that. It was blowing air onto my fan that was pushing air and it was sorta messing with the airflow from the push/push from the heatsink.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm fine now.

Sincerely,

BoomShotKapow
24C idle is great, however your temperature fluctuation is a known issue..I'm trying to find a video I saw awhile back (exact same problem you have).

I highly doubt that your Push/Pull configuration is making your CPU temperature bounce around.

BoomShotKapow

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012

Ok, thanks for the response. It isn't a issue that's going to damage my hardware is it?

I'd like to fix it before it's a problem if you know what I mean.

No I doubt it's an issue that will damage your hardware, it's more of an issue with the sensors inside your chip. I still can't find the video...but at idle, this person had 24C, and with 0%-1% CPU usage, his temperatures throughout his 8 cores were jumping around from 24C-35C.

Are you seeing any fluctuations in temperatures when your CPU is at 100% load? I think that's where you should be most concerned...if you aren't getting accurate readings there, then I would definitely be concerned.

BoomShotKapow

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012

So, I actually decided to test different fan positions and what not.

I actually managed to fix my random spikes of temperatures.

It was due to the fan in the back of my case not actually pulling air and pushing it outside of the case. It was instead doing the reverse effect of that. It was blowing air onto my fan that was pushing air and it was sorta messing with the airflow from the push/push from the heatsink.

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm fine now.

Sincerely,

BoomShotKapow

Solution

Good to hear you got everything settled now :)

Good luck and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.