Process graphics card for gaming

mmichaell

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
I'm trying to play Arma 2 but my PC runs it really slow. Ive been reading about getting a better processes or graphics card will help. (I DO NOT KNOW A LOT ABOUT COMPUTERS AND WHAT IS CONSIDERED FAST.)

Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.30 GHz

Istalled memory(RAM): 3.00 GB (2.60 GB usable)

system type: 64-bit operating system

mmichaell

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

I can play team fortress 2 and left 4 dead 2 perfectley fine on it? Why do you think i can't arma 2 is the processors to slow?

You cannot upgrade a netbook. If you want better performance, then you need to buy a laptop that actually has the ability to play games which generally varies based on the cost of the laptop. The more expensive it is, the better it's gaming potential, but you also need to look at the laptop's specs. An $800 can be more capable of playing games than a $1,200 laptop. It depends on the specs and the consumer segment they are being marketed to.

TF2 and LF4D2 are based on Valve's Source Engine which has been in existence since 2005. Valve have made tweaks to it since then for later game releases, but the Source Engine has extremely low requirements compared to more resent game engines. You should be able to play any game based on Valve's Source engine which includes Half Life 2, Portal 1 & 2, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines, and probably the upcoming Counter-Strike: Global Offensive the official sequel developed by Valve to the community developed Counter Strike mod for the original Half Life 1 game engine.

The AMD E-300 and the integrated Radeon HD 6320 graphic core are really, really slow compared to CPUs found in current laptops. I would say that the AMD E-300 would probably be equivalent to an AMD Athlon X2 CPU running at 1.0GHz to 1.2GHz. The Radeon HD 6320 is probably equivalent to a Radeon HD 4550 desktop graphic card at best.

damndl0ser

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

It is a dual core processor so yes it would run easily. Maybe even medium. I have had the same processor and I play about every game made.

I don't understand why people don't realize this. 64bit almost always means 2 cores. so its basically a 2.6 ghz processor and the architecture is pretty good.

Murray B

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

If the machine is a netbook then a E-300 is quite fast for that class. if it is a laptop then it is middle-range but at the lower end of that range. If it is a desktop then it is probably near the bottom of machines that can play modern games that require a GPU.

An E-300 has the processor and graphics integrated into one device and it is probably soldered directly to the main board. If this is the case there is no practical way to upgrade these components. Adding more RAM or using Readyboost might help but there are a couple of simple things to try first.

if the OS is Windows then make sure that it is set to performance mode and it is also supposed to help to choose the classic theme.

Then see if you can configure the game to run in full screen windowed mode, 800 X 480 [should autmatically hardware-scale to
1360 X 768] and all settings to low.

These things should give the best shot at running the game.

Good luck