Solved

Stupid idea, but is there a chance it'll work???

Hello everyone. As I mentioned above, it's a completely stupid idea, and the chances are very close to 100% it won't work, but still... Wish it did ;)

So, I have an HP 625 laptop, with (you're not going to believe it, but it's a model of 2010-2011 year) AMD V160, 2.4 GHz 1-core! CPU, 2GB of memory, 256 of which are used by AMD 4250M video card. So, I have an HTC Evo 3d, with Qualcomm whichever CPU (SoC to be correct, but trust me, I totally don't care about it). I wish I could use it to make it either tri-core CPU, with added memory, or just use smartphone's SoC as a CPU for my laptop. Temporary, just while playing "light" games, like Battlefield Play4Free. I know it requires 1.7 Ghz CPU, but for some reason, it's just too slow even on lowest settings! So, I think dual core 1.2 GHz would play the game better, or it won't?

Also, SystemRequirementsLabs.com reports that my CPU won't handle Red Alert 3, which I really like. So, it'd be really really really nice to have it. I wish I could buy a new laptop, but everything big begins from something small, doesn't it?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stupid idea chance work
  1. No it won't work
  2. waste time
  3. Yeah, that is a really low end laptop, probably closer to a netbook in terms of specs. You aren't doing any gaming on that. All it's good for is web browsing and basic office tasks.
  4. Best answer
    Your phones dual core wouldn't help that much either, its equivalent to the E-300, but instead generates less heat, is smaller and is more energy efficient.
  5. Best answer selected by miha2.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs