mnrlgry

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I'm looking for a program that will monitor the activity levels of a dual GPU card. By that I mean that I want to see the levels of each GPU chip on the card separately.

I just got a 4870x2 off of ebay for $130 and this thing is blazing fast. I had a GTX 570 that died and I've been shocked to see how well it performs compared to that card. It seems at least as good, performance wise, and performs better on some games.

With some mild overclocking I can play at max settings on most games at more then playable FPS.

mnrlgry

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I downloaded afterburner and I don't think it has x2 monitoring on it :(

I've also tried rivatuner and a couple of windows gadgets and nothing will show me info on both chips.

mnrlgry

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

Yeah they seem pretty close in terms of performance with the 4870x2 having the advantage. The amazing thing is that the 4870 is three years older and was 1/3 of the price! I was wary of buying this but this card eats up whatever you can throw at it.

I was playing COD:MW3 with maxed settings and averaged 45-50FPS and temps around 80C with the fan at 50%. The only drawback is that the fan is loud, but I have a watercooling heatsink on the way, picked that up from ebay as well for $50. I can't wait to overclock this thing even further.

mnrlgry

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012

In case I wasn't clear, it's not two cards, it's a single card with two graphics chips on it. The second chip doesn't show up in CCC :(

There is no crossfire option in MSI afterburner for this card, probably becase it's just a single card and not normal crossfire.

I'm guessing that there isn't any support for x2 monitoring out there since x2 GPUs are rare. Or maybe it's not possible to monitor them both? I wonder if the benchmarks that these programs give are an averaging of the two chips? Or just the monitoring of one of the chips on the card? Anyone know?

I should probably contact AMD and ask....

Oh, I thought about normal crossfire...

Dual GPU card's temperatures should be almost the same in both, like 5970 and 6990 and when you overclock, both cores should be also overclocked. Means even though it shows one card the other one should not be different. So you I think should not be worried much. If you really are desperate go contact AMD, good luck man :).