Choppy Graphics after Reformat and fresh drivers (radeon 6870)

silentb0b706

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
I just reformatted my comp and got my graphics drivers up and running, but everything is sluggish than it was before.
Oblivion got choppy, yt is somewhat more choppy, and I can't record LoL at at constant 60fps anymore.

Is there anything that I could possibly be missing non graphics drivers related, or is there something I can try if its 100% the gpu drivers acting up?

I've used driver sweeper and rest the card to factory default.
To install I used the Installation cd, then installed the latest driver updates as well as an amd codec pack.
same choppy performance than with just the cd part.

G

When you say choppy are you talking about lag or screen tearing?(enable vsync for tearing) What type of Computer or specs? When you say reformatted, are you talking about a re-installation of Windows? what Operating system are you using? More info could help.

G

I was just wondering what type of computer power you are working with. Do you know what your cpu and gpu load is when you play? How many fps did you lose? Why did you format your os drive? If your sure about it being a driver issue then I would uninstall it and try a previous version if that doesn't work check your disk for errors/defrag. I can try to guess but need more info to help you. I hope you can find a solution but would like to help.